Thursday, January 04, 2007

Not enough time in the world...

Playlist
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
OK Go - Oh No
Led Zeppelin - II
Adrian Belew - Side Three
Models - Collection
The Killers - Sam's Town
Various - Pitchfork Compilation (3CD-R)
Robert Fripp/Brian Eno - DGM Downloads

To FOPP today armed with a £10 FOPP token - but failed miserably to find anything which took my fancy - I think I want to buy Bonnie "Prince" Billy's new album as recommended in The Wire's year end list - I may bite the bullet tomorrow...

Back home, the second CD of 2007 was behind the door - a best of entitled "Collection" by Aussie 80's band who no-one in the UK has probably ever heard of - Models...

Anyway, I like it, and I like yesterday's Adrian Belew disc which is playing as I type - he really is a very talented man...



Both discs were purchased in 2006 and merely arrived in 2007 - I am now four days in to the year and haven't bought a CD - I really am going to try and stick to 10 discs a month...

Of course I've downloaded 52 tracks from the Pitchfork site this year and burned them to a 3CD-R set...

Idiot...

I was half thinking of going along to Out of the Bedroom tonight but still not feeling great and my leg was giving me particularly bad and annoying gyp today, leaving me hobbling around like a hobbler...

I was buoyed however by the review of OOTB from just before Xmas as I saw that my good old chum, Mr James Jamieson, played CBQ's "Skylines Full of Cranes" at the special Xmas Covers Night...

Cheers Jamie...

Telly tonight was the "Green Wing" special...

Anne recorded "Holby" whilst listening to a radio programme about Hearts - and so the programmes to be watched are piling up along side the music to be listened to...

Not enough time in the world...

Highlight of the Day : Listening to new music

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Ah yes, regarding the Italian author of the original lyrics to Mick Ronson's "Music is Lethal", whose English lyics were written by David Bowie - great song, great arrangement - Ronson's death was a huge loss to music tho he never did quite fulfill his potential...

I did an album of covers in 1984 called "Music is Lethal" which contained the song in question...