Monday, January 22, 2007

Banging, not impressing...

Playlist
Miles Davis – Circle in the Round
Metheny/Mehldau - Metheny/Mehldau
Mariliyn Mason – The Golden Age of Grotesque
Joni Mitchell – Travelogue
Pat Metheny – Quartet
Bang on a Can – Music For Airports
Bang on a Can – Industry
Kurt Rosenwinkel - Heartcore

I spend too much time writing up this diary so I’m going to try and keep to around 10 minutes an entry if I can...

Today at lunch time I bumped into old cohort, Paul Reynolds, sailor of the parish and one time synthist extraordinaire with the venerable Pure Bears in the days of yore...

He’s home from the sea for a few months and so, hopefully, we’ll get something arranged for a get together at some point...

Back home and this month’s The Wire arrived by post (I’ve subscribed now for six years and still not advertised my weird music in it)...

Whilst leafing through it, I noticed Bang on a Can, the New York avant-garde music group, is playing in Perth on 3 February and, in an attempt to get Anne to consider coming along with me, I played her a couple of tracks..



She opined that it sounded like some people banging on some cans, and declined my kind invitation...

Perhaps one for Dr Prog?

I notice on perusing the website, it’s an all day thing starting at 11 am...

Also received a postcard from the Queens Hall re some two day electronica festival at the end of February – again, probably one for the good doctor...

Did nothing music-wise today, other than listening but watched “Coronation St” x 2 and Scotsport...

I am not addicted to Corrie after all, as I quite easily passed up the opportunity to watch it last night...

So that’s probably a good thing...

Highlight of the Day : Happening across some possible future entertainment...

No comments: