Friday, November 24, 2006

Excess...

Playlist
Uriah Heep – Very ‘Eavy Very ‘Umble
Uriah Heep – Salisbury
Uriah Heep – Look at Yourself

A Heep day today. Uriah Heep of course – an incredibly unfashionable band but, like Grand Funk Railroad, I’m afraid I just can’t help liking them...

A bit of a beano today too, with a slap up lunch at La P’tit Folie restaurant followed by excessive alcohol intake all afternoon and into the early evening...

I recall drinking the following beverages:-

White wine
Red wine
Bailey’s
Gin and Ginger Beer
Gin and Tonic
Schiehallion Beer

I also had a coffee latte with my desert, just to keep things on an even keel and some mineral water at some point in the proceedings...

Back home around 10:15 and caught “Not Going Out”, “Tonight with Jonathon Ross” and “Later with Jools Holland” although I did of course have to mute the TV when JH was talking his usual pish...not to mention having to do the same for a couple of the frankly rubbish acts on display...

Highlight of the Day : Some lovely food...

2 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I take it you n JH rather than JR. Holland is a very annoying man indeed.

Yes the American girl is what one might refer to as "tidy".

Jack Dee's "Lead Balloon" is best new comedy of the year for me.

I can't drink whisky or I throw up. Last time I drank it was in 1979. That was also around the last time I threw up.

Do you mean Thu 7 December? If so then yes I'm free. Can't make 30th Nov tho.

No broken bones or plaster casts - just operation woulds and dofdgy shoulder and ankle...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I meant "No broken bones or plaster casts - just operation wounds and dodgy shoulder and ankle..."