Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Silver lining....

Playlist
Mozart - Complete Works (Sacred Works/String Ensembles/Canons)
Rheostatics - The Blue Hysteria
Rheostatics - Live in Fredricton New Brunswick 04/2005
Rheostatics - Live in Toronto 03/2000

This may seem like a negative post but it has a silver lining...

After yesterday's up, a disasterous start to today...

I forgot my new Bus Pass, just missed the Airport Bus which I usually take into town and, foolishly, decided on the "normal" service (No26) instead...

Of course it takes an absolute age to get into town (30 Mins - I timed it - outrageous - no wonder people still take their cars). It stops at what seems like every lampost on the way in...

Then, my battery on the Jukebox ran out and I had to listen to the inane mumblings of my fellow passengers, not to mention their sniffing, coughing, sneezing and, well, just breathing...

To cap it all, as I sat there in that Hell on Earth (public transport with no music blocking out reality), an Airport Bus whizzed past...

On the journey home, I took another 26 bus as it takes me all the way up the hill to Crispycat Towers (if I'd had my Pass I could've taken an Airport bus most of the way and caught the 26 only once it had disgorged the majority of its human detrita)...

And so I was packed in like the proverbial sardine, seatless and right next to the worst thing you want on a bus (other than someone who's inadvertantly keeked their breeks that is) a screaming baby...

Aaaaarrrrggghhh!!!!

I was forced to make my way upstairs to get away from it as the bus gradually emptied - but I could still hear its screams....

In a fit of what I was sure was bound to be fruitless desperation, I reached for the jukebox and, miraculously, it had gained just enough juice during the day from not being used, that it stuttered back to life and filled my ears with the wonderous sound of the Rheostatics once more...

But that's not the silver lining...

In the evening, a particularly tasty pasta from Anne was followed by "Oz and James's Great Wine Adventure", "Torchwood" and a taped "Coronation St" interspersed with more Mozart and Rheos including a couple more concerts downloaded...

And so, the silver lining is the realisation that I am lucky indeed, for the above is what passes in my world for a REALLY BAD DAY...

I count my blessings...

Highlight of the Day : Finding my Jukebox had somehow recharged itself just enough to block out the sound of a wailing child

No comments: