Thursday, November 16, 2006

Recycling...

Playlist
Moving Sounds – Thinking About
Michael Honig – Departure From the Northern Wasteland
Steve Hillage – Motivation Radio
Grand Funk Railroad – Red Album
Steve Hackett – Wild Orchids
The Books – Lost and Safe
The Books – Thought For Food
The Books – The Lemon of Pink
Cream – Wheels of Fire
London Philharmonic OrchestraSymphonic Pink Floyd
The Beatles – Love
Lou Reed – Animal Serenade

A call from my mum advises of the death last night of my dad’s old friend and colleague, from cancer. In your 70’s, I guess that’s when it becomes “normal” for your friends to die...

I wonder how many funerals my mum attends per year these days?

Too many...

More downloading today and it’s getting dangerous...

I must try and only take stuff I may well have bought if I could find it. First two finds today are albums by Steve Hillage and Grand Funk Railroad. Then three albums by The Books, a band I’ve never heard before but whom I know Brian Eno holds in high esteem – so I take them...

Cream is a band I’ve never liked, or rated, but I give them a chance with “Wheels of Fire”, half studio/half live – and mostly it’s not too bad – the blues based numbers are the weakest but a lot of the studio album is pretty good...

The LPO’s “symphony” of Pink Floyd songs, mostly from “Dark Side of the Moon”, orchestrated by Jaz Coleman of Killing Joke, is a little disappointing and a good example of my downloading gone wrong....

Apparently, next week there’s going to be a “new” Beatles album on the market. I found it and had no idea what it was – thought perhaps a bootleg but it seems George Martin’s been working on it for two years, melding together pieces from the original master tapes to provide a soundscape of recognisable Beatles songs and other remix/medley scenarios – so I downloaded that...



TV in the evening included “Holby”, “The Catherine Tait Show”, “Question Time” featuring two greats, Boris Johnson and Robert Kilroy-Silk, and “This Week”…

Highlight of the Day : A “new” Beatles album…

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

It's called "Love" as shown in the playlist at the top of the post - if you click on the link you'll get all the gen - it sounds rather good in my humble opinion

You can find it also here :-
http://zinhof.blog.hr/