Sunday, November 12, 2006

A change is as good as a rest...

Playlist
Redstart – 5 Downloaded Tracks
Robert Fripp & King Crimson – The End of Time (CD-R DGM Live Downloads)
Various - No 1 Singles I Bought When They Came Out
Various – Now That’s What I Call Music (Nov 2005)
Phil Manzanera – 50 Minutes Later
Golden Earring – The Devil Made Me Do It (35 Yrs)
Alice Cooper – Eyes Like Dirty Diamonds (CD-R)
Neu! – Neu! 4

Up early today and printed all the discs I burned yesterday plus a couple which have been lying around for a few weeks – I have hundreds of CDs lying around the house with nothing on them to tell me what’s on them...

Then to the cinema down at the shore in Leith for the new film, “Starter for Ten” – which is recommended, but rather than spending £13 on it as we did, perhaps wait for the DVD?

Still, you can’t beat that “big screen experience” – especially when the cinema is as good as empty and there are NO children there...

I'm still unable to drive, so Anne drives everywhere, including to the cinema today - it makes a change to be able to sit and just look out the window and watch the world go by - I think I spend too much time in front of computer screens and not enough in the "real world"...

Back home by early afternoon and Anne listens to the St Mirren v Celtic game on the radio and e-mails a few pals while I sort of snooze on the sofa while listening to Phil Manzanera and watching “X Factor” with the sound down (probably the best way to watch it if you’re going to...)

The Alice Cooper compilation CD-R of the best bits of his last two albums (actually the entire 2 albums less just two tracks) I burned a couple of weeks back (on the occasion of “The Big Walk to the Shops”) entertains me early evening as I update the blog...

“How’s your sore arm, Dave?” I hear you cry...

“Not bad” comes the retort – though it’s still more painful than it was pre the op....

Sister Pam phones with the good news that she has a new job - same as the old job but in a different part of the overall group with whom she works - and a considerable payrise to boot!

Well done, Pam - drinks are on you next time you're up in Scotland...

Watched “Coronation Street” and “Torture”, er, I mean “Torchwood”...

Surprise, surprise, tonight’s episode was almost good – no joking about and a bit more “X-Files-ey” in content and execution...

I’ll stick with it, I suppose...

Highlight of the Day : Getting out the house again...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

The consultant is aware - and I am probably expecting things to be better more soon than is the reality of the situation. I have been suffering from immobility in both my arms for a number of years. At present the right shoulder is ok but just a couple of years back I was receiving physio for that arm while the left one was not bad. The situation is that my arm should be fully flexible again within around 6 months or so....

I am currently resting - and typing with my right forefinger...