Saturday, November 11, 2006

All kinds of everything...

Playlist
Various Composers – Adagios for the 21st Century
Dream Theater – Singles 1992-2005 (CD-R)
Various – All That Jazz Top Downloads (Disc 1)
Cloudland Blue Quartet – The Acoustic Ersatzreal
Fehlfarben – 26 ½ 4 Track Radio EP
Haydn – String Quartets
Phil Manzanera – 50 Minutes Later
David Bowie – The Shadow Man (6 Early 70’s Demos)
Can – Ege Bamyasi
Joanna Newsom – Ys
Golden Earring – The Devil Made Me Do It (35 Yrs)
Neu! – Neu! 4
Redstart - So Far From Over
Redstart - One EP

“I genuinely enjoy all kinds of music - I don’t really have a preference, I feel like good music is good music...”

This is a quote from David King interview I was directed to today by The Bad Plus website – David is their drummer....

His comment struck a chord with me...

I thought I might go out today but the weather was rubbish again so I stayed in and spent far too much time on the net...

Purely by chance I found several sites from which I was able to download full albums for free – I’m sure this is entirely illegal...

I downloaded music by Phil Manzanera, Can, David Bowie, Joanna Newson, Golden Earring and Neu!...

Spurred on by the site where David King is interviewed, I found a new band I like (new to me that is) – Redstart....

David is not a member, but an ex-member of a group David is in (Happy Apple) is a member...

Anyway, they are good and I downloaded five excellent tracks from their site...

Anne was out and about most of the day while I was doing this...

In the evening we did the old computer/TV swap as I surfed while she watched “Strictly Come Dancing” and she surfed while I watched “Robin Hood”..

We watched the lottery draw together through our fingers as we’d forgotten to buy a ticket..

As usual, none of our, ahem, “lucky” numbers emerged...

Finished the night with the film “Johnny English” – hilarious in parts but ruined by the interminable ad breaks...

Highlight of the Day : Finding “free” music everywhere...

No comments: