Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sanguine...

Playlist
Various – Creative Jukebox (13,159 Tracks) on Shuffleplay

A better sleep again but no discernible improvement in the pain, which persists if I move my arm by more than around 35 degrees in any direction...

Consequently, I have only been able to do two of the five prescribed exercises. I called the physio to ask if this was normal and to express my worries about the immovable arm...

He advised that this condition was normal - more often than not caused by bleeding into the arm from the wound and general bruising. He reckons I’ll be lucky to note any really improvement inside six to eight weeks, hence my next appointment at the infirmary which is due six weeks from the op...

So no more guitar playing for me this year and we’ll need to see how the driving goes – looks like it’s certainly out too for a few more weeks at least...

But there is an upside. A bunch-of-flowers-bearing visit from my old school chum and musical cohort Mr Alan Brodie, who is also suffering at present, having had a nasty varicose vein removed from his left leg...

Over coffee and some lovely hob-nob biscuits, Alan, Anne and I set the world to rights, with particular emphasis on the state of Scottish Football – I am the only one of the three of us who can count two wins from each of our teams’ last two games...

While Alan’s here, my replacement Dream Theater triple live CD set arrives (the first one had discs 1, 3 and 3) and so I pass the faulty one to Al in a bid to get him into prog-metal. I also provide him with the 25 tracks double CD-R of brand new jazz which I burned yesterday...

In the afternoon, after Alan goes on his way, I return to surfing while Anne watches TV...

In the evening she’s off out to meet her friend Lynn for a meal up town leaving me to watch “The Avengers”, “Up Pompeii”, “The State Within”, “Question Time” and “This Week”...

Highlight of the Day : A visit from Count Brodski...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Yes "it lives".

Great to hear from you Grant..

Another year gone already?