Tuesday, November 28, 2006

WAM....

Playlist
Rheostatics – Live
The Blue Nile – High
Brian Eno – Another Day on Earth
Rheostatics – 2067
Rheostatics – The Blue Hysteria
Mozart – Complete Works (Symphonies/Concertos/Chamber Music)

Last night, after posting yesterday’s entry, I was leafing through the links on this site (as I do most days, so get updating your blog if you're on there!) and happened across a new link on the Rheostatics website – you may recall they are one of my top ten favourite groups and hail from Canada (as do so many good musicians)...

Anyway, the link led me to a site from which I am able to download Rheostatics demos, rarities and live concerts. Having never seen the band play live, and knowing they are due to play their last ever gig in March next year in Toronto, this site is a boon to me and I am downloading a concert as I type...

I love Rheostatics...

Anyway, I was uptown today looking around the shops for ideas for presents Anne might get me for Christmas. She will of course buy some stuff off her own bat but she likes to have a wee list of things I have my eye on....

Of course the only two shops I actually went into were FOPP and HMV...

I saw a few books in FOPP which I might like to own with titles like “Minimalist Apartments”...

In HMV however, I came across a 170 CD Box set – “Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Complete Works”....



I bought it...

Never again will I have to purchase a Mozart CD...

I rushed home and counted how many Mozart CDs I already have. Around 70...

Still that’s 100 CDs I didn’t have before – and I managed to get the set at half the normal price HMV sell it at and, while that’s not that much less than I could have bought it for from Amazon, I believe it still to be a bargain – indeed I am enjoying it as I type (and download a Rheostatics concert) and I've just stuck the first "Piano Concertos" CD into my player - now, I must admit I already have a 9CD set of all Mozart's Piano Concertos...but not like this - this is on original instruments - superb!!

I really must recommend listening to the music of Mr Mozart - it is, for me, an exhilirating and life-enhancing experience...

And so this event eclipsed the rest of today’s shenanigans, which included “CSI : Miami” but, thankfully, not “Trinny and Susannah Undressed”...

Highlight of the Day : Buying the complete works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I've been telling people for years to give a listen to Rheostatics

The contents of the Shortbread Tin sure sound good!