Saturday, November 25, 2006

Downloaded...

Playlist
Gentle Giant – The Edge of Twilight
Various – Downloads from The Wire
King Crimson – Live at The Greek Theatre, Berkeley, California 1982
David Sylvian – The Good Son vs The Only Daughter
Barclay James Harvest – The Harvest Years
Various – Hits from the Early 70s (Downloads)
Sarah Harmer – Sarah Harmer (CD-R)

As is often the case after a night on the town, I couldn’t sleep and so was up at 4 am for some painkillers...

I grabbed my CD Walkman, went back to bed and listened to Disc 2 of a great compilation, Gentle Giant’s “Edge of Twilight”...

I still couldn’t sleep so got up at 5 and went downstairs with Meg the Black Cat and watched BBC News 24 with the sound down and subtitles on...

Finally gave in and fired up the PC at 6...

I downloaded some new tracks from The Wire’s website – I got a new CD with this month’s magazine but haven’t listened to it yet...

Then I went through all the tracks I’ve downloaded so far from their site and deleted over half for being, frankly, shite...

I surfed all the MP3 Download blogs I “favourited” over the last couple of weeks and acquired David Sylvian’s recent remix album – disappointingly the upload was done in mono but I can’t really complain...

Also grabbed a 2CD best of Barclay James Harvest from their initial career on EMI (1969-1973)...

Then I did for the rest of the day by downloading Limewire – everyone I ask these days re where they get their albums from, they usually say “oh I use Limewire” so I thought, “if you can’t beat them, join them”...

Spent a good part of the day downloading stuff – firstly some early 70’s singles I liked at the time but don’t have on CD – e.g. Jo Jo Gunne, Dave Edmunds, Blackfoot Sue, America, Anne-Marie David, Love Unlimited, David Cassidy, The Goons, Mungo Jerry, Status Quo, The Faces, The Rolling Stones, Alvin Stardust, Petula Clark, The Doobie Brothers, The Wombles (!!), The Crystals and Santana...

Then I searched for Rheostatics stuff and, in doing so, discovered a Canadian songstress by the name of Sarah Harmer and set about collecting around 25 tracks by her and compiling a kind of best of CD...

Telly comprised "Sky Sports News", watching the Clyde goals pile up against Queen of the South (4-0), “Robin Hood”, “Match of the Day”....

Stil struggling with the arm but it's gradually becoming able to be moved ever higher but with some considerabe pain...

Forgot to mention I got new, stronger painkillers on Thursday, and I also had my ingrowing toenail "done" on Thursday by the lovely Helen the podiatrist I see every so often...

Ah, it's great this getting old lark...

Highlight of the Day : Discovering Sarah Harmer

No comments: