Saturday, November 18, 2006

Kleidung...

Playlist
Tony Banks - Seven
J S Bach – Oboe Concertos
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Elbow – Leaders of the Free World
Susumu Yokota – Lo Compilation (CD1)
Gang Of Four – Return the Gift
Metheny Mehldau - Metheny Mehldau
Cosmic Jokers – Galactic Supermarket

Burned 20 albums in MP3 format to 2 CDs for Dr Prog by way of thanks for the loan of the Haydn String Quartets set...

After breakfast, finally broke curfew and headed uptown on the bus with Anne...

Ended up buying some new clothes – a rarity for me – a jacket, a coat, three scarves and a hat – and of course some CDs – Elbow, Gang of Four and Susumu Yokota...

Then we had a late lunch – lovely burgers at the Cambridge Bar, accompanied by Weissbier for me and a large glass of Pinot Grigot for Anne...

Rugby tubes invaded the hostelry however and we left around 3 and headed for home, stopping off on the way for the lottery ticket (of course the statistic likelihood of me winning is almost zero as a boy from my class in primary school won over £8M last year)...

Right enough – two numbers...

In the evening we watched two episodes of a new (to us) show on Channel 5, “NCIS” then, later, “Match of the Day”...

In between times, whilst Anne watched “Strictly Come Dancing” and it’s subsequent results show, I downloaded and burned to CD, two more albums – the Krautrock classic form 1974, “Galactic Supermarket” by Cosmic Jokers...


...and a new duo album by Pat Metheny and Brad Mehldau – tasty...

Nodded off several times during “Match of the Day” and slept as soon as my head hit the pillow...
Highlight of the Day : Buying some new clothes…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realised that this Thursday is the 1st anniversary of that fateful 50/50 ball at the 5-a-side football (I stumbled across an old blog)....
I can't believe that is a year ago...
I trust your ankle is tickety-boo now?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Ah yes - it shall be known as "The Year of Pain" what with the ankle, the shoulders and the ongoing in-growing toenail scenario I've not mentioned for a while...

A year goes past so quickly - not like when we were young...

As regards the tickety-boo-nes of the leg, as a matter of fact, the ankle gave way again this morning - it does that a couple of times a week I suppose - I will ask about it when I return to the Infirmary in December re the outcome of the shoulder op...

Good to hear from you Jimbo!