Playlist
Into the garden to review the "new" back step and took a few pics of the foliage on the last day of summer...
Also, 13 yrs ago on this very day, I first used iTunes (later Apple Music) to organise my music library...
I added 57,646 tracks (969 hrs), all from already ripped CDs...
It took a long time to add in my entire collection but, today, the library holds 35,285 LPs...
Let's get listening!
These are "just" the CDs (13,377 of them)...
LPs (355) and 12" singles (300)...
...and these boxes hold what's left of my 7" collection (925)...
Also, on this very day 20 years ago, in this here diary, I declared CBQ had played his last gig...
Of course I've played quite a lot since then...
But I also posted an interesting response from Robert Fripp re the place of music in one's life, given to a friend whose son was about to head to LA with his band (from Fripp's diary 15/9/06)...
Friend:
"My son is moving to LA next month to play music. I saw his band perform last evening. They are ready, at least he and are in agreement on this. Is there anything you suggest to help these young men?"
Robert Fripp:
"If they succeed, they’ll get fucked. If they fail, they’ll get fucked. That’s a given. The key is: this is a learning experience. I advise young men to have music as a hobby. Music is a wonderful hobby. It is an awful way to earn a living, but possible for a young single man for a period of time, until he has children. Then, his wife will say: your children need food, an education, a home. And then, he will lie for money & play music that is dishonest for him, or find a different job...."
Probably correct...
To work, writing this up...
At 9:30 out and over to Roseburn for unpictured scrambled egg (me) / link sausage (Anne) rolls and two Americanos (£15 - same price as 45 CDs last Wednesday)...
Scenes...
Then, to Mary's - getting her nails done...
...and drinks and a KitKat at the cafe...
...pre her Keep Fit at 11:30...
Home, a ladybird having hitched a ride...
Then, to reconfiguring my "Classical/Jazz/Filing" wall...
An annoying tumble and crash of precariously balanced boxes (and, to be fair, watching the final 3 episodes of "Neagley") added to the length of the task...
Around 5pm, all done (except the actual filing)...
30 boxes of filing, 49 boxes of jazz and 106 boxes of classical...
This is how I waste my time!
With Anne off to Pilates, I turned my attention to Edward Spark & Kiffie's new single, out Friday, "One", popped into the DropBox by Mr S...
It's catchy and it's poppy...
It's also the track he first provided to me way back in April and is the same chord sequence as the "Xmas" track they did back at the end of 2024, which I turned into "O Superman" - same tempo and everything...
So, yes, of course, I did a remix, mashing up "O Superman" with "One" and adding in a drum kit drum and some Disquiet guitars...
Not bad...
Then, Anne having returned, it was Baked Potatoes for tea
The tomato was a master stroke...
On telly, "Mastermind", "Only Connect" and "University Challenge" (a paltry 85 this week versus the actual teams' 200 and 195)...
Ended the day with the final three episodes of Season 2 of "Murder in a Small Town" - which closed on a cliff hanger, no doubt expecting a third Season - which was never commissioned...
Oh well - good while it lasted...
Bed post midnight...
Highlight of the Day: Moving boxes of CDs around...
Today's New Music:
No comments:
Post a Comment