Thursday, September 17, 2026

An onion bhaji can turn out to be an excellent pakora...

Playlist


Up late, due to last night's shenanigans till around 2:30am...


A driech day...



So my plan was to stay in...

Breakfast...


...then, writing up the book of CDs I own - 58 added...


At 11, Anne was enjoying the David Bowie show at the The Light Rooms in London...



I was hoping to bring this up to date - four days worth of pictures were uploaded and playlists and new music pics were done, but actually writing it?

Instead, I went out for lunch...

Down to the White Lady...


Meanwhile, the weather was considerably better in London...



...and the ladies headed to The Shard for lunch...





Back home, I made a list of the artists from yesterday's haul, by whom I'd quite like to get some more material...

Lori Cullen
Lontalius
Erin K
41Point9
Grace.Will.Fall
Beach Slang
Philip Selway
Jets Overhead
Snakefarm
Cold Specks
Horse Feathers
Netherlands
Justin Nozuka
Hilang Child
Sophie Hunger

...and of ones by whom I already had some things but wanted more...
Lisa Ekdahl
Simon Collins
Sondre Lerche
Keaton Henson
John Vanderslice
Wintersleep
Voxtrot
Matts Gustafsson

In total, around half...

As shown in the final pic below re "today's new music", I managed to find things by all those on the first list - where possible taking the latest items available...

On the second list I got works by all except Simon Collins (nothing newer), Voxtrot (nothing else) and Keaton Henson (I already have everything)...

And, not content with the massive intake over the last two days, a new batch of new things arrived in the Dropbox from Prog Rock Willie - and I uploaded a return batch for him...

And then it was teatime - an order online to the Bay Leaf...

And collected at 7pm...

By a quirk of fate, what they call Onion Bhajis, I call, Excellent Pakoras...


...while a Vegetable Dopiaza, somehow featuring no onions(??) rounded off the meal...


Meanwhile Anne and chums were now readying themselves for Abba...


Wait, that's better...



A sneaked pre-show pic (no pictures allowed during the "gig")...


Anne's take - "Great show! No idea how it's done"...

It's best not to see behind the curtain!

My entertainment was two episodes of "I Claudius"...


...before returning to the console for the remainder of the night...


...finally writing up the entries here from Sunday to last night and hitting the sack at a more respectable 1am...

Highlight of the Day: Listening to new music - and the pakora...

Today's New Music:

No comments: