Playlist
Thursday and, once again, for the 5th day in a row, I did not leave the house...
...even though it was nice outside...
Eggs on toast for breakfast...
...and Luna looked surprised, as ever...
Work, of sorts, at the machines...
I decided to station one of the Sony BlueTooth speakers into the system...
...and, for a short time, I searched around for replacements which might give me a wider stereo spectrum than this...
...but I abandoned that...
...for now...
Portrait of a lady with a temporary cat and reflected photographer...
...said cat...
...and the cat from the calendar...
I put out the calendar for the band sessions for the next 12 months - an immediate positive response from John B but nothing from Johnny W or Keith, despite them reading it...
Some of my listening today was of a very rare thing indeed - a singer who breaks my long standing rule of "there's no place for vocals in jazz"...
Truth be told, I don't really class her as a jazz singer, just a very good singer, full stop (I give the same classification to Norah Jones)...
But today, the death, at just 70, of Cassandra Wilson, caused me to dip into her work and picked up a couple of things which I did not already have in the library...
...followed by some TV...
Pre bed, confirmation was received from Johnny W that he's up for the planned sessions based on the caveats I gave...
So that's progress...
Highlight of the Day: Making progress with band plans...
Today's New Music:


No comments:
Post a Comment