Monday, September 28, 2026

Is it Yes or is it Yes or is it not Yes and is Yes not Yes, No...

Playlist


Up and to putting together the podcast...


...first thing on a Monday morning...


Inlcuding last night's wwork, from first chossing the tracks to play, to the final posts on BlueSky and FAcebook re its release, took around 3 hours and 10 minutes - which is not bad considering it actually lasts for 3 hours - but of course there's the 3 hours listening back for errors to be added so, you know...

Like almost everything I do, it’s a complete and utter waste of time…  

But I enjoy it…

A labour of love indeed...

Then, breakfast...


Some final work at the machines and shut down...


A lift down the road on Anne's way to the shops...

A bus to Glasgow at 10am...



...soundtracked by the podcast...


...arriving at 11...


I was here to see Jon Anderson this evening, accompanied by Dr Prog - who would not join me until late this afternoon...

As I exited Buchanan St Station, the gear was being loaded in across the road at the Royal Concert Hall...



A walk around the corner and onto a 6A...


...along Great Western Road...



...to Byres Road...

This in the Red Cross shop...


...and these in Oxfam...




Then, a 77 from the foot of Byres Road back to Buchanan Street and a walk down to Central Station, where lunch was taken before heading to Missing...



...from where these were acquired...





Then, a walk along Argyle St to Mono for no further purchases...

Yes were in town - or a version of Yes anyway...


A further walk to Love Music - again no purchases - I bumped into BlueSky chum Iain Mackinnon on the way...



Then back to the Concert Hall...


 ...and to Buchanan St Bus Station, where I finally met up with Dr Prog... 


Jon Anderson arrived just as we exited - transported in a minibus to the venue - these fans had loads of LPs they wanted signed...


...that was a negative from a, I must say, very frail looking Mr Anderson as he made his way in to the soundcheck...

Me and the Doc retired to a nearby pizza place for pizzas...


...before heading back to the hall and in...

Coffee for the big man...


The view from the office this evening...


...and close up pre gig shots of the stage...








"Close to the Edge" was to be the opener...


We were in excellent seats at the back of the auditorium's ground floor...


...with a wall behind us rather than potentially chatting tubes...


A young man, Jack (of Helensburgh's Plastic Flowers) was in the seat next to me and we got chatting while Dr Prog was away meeting up with his friend, Kelly...

Jack was 17 and his uncle (whose ticket he was using tonight due to a double booking) and his mum got him into Yes 4 or 5 years ago by playing him "Close to the Edge", which is now his all time fave LP...

%0 years younger than me...

He's just started 1st year at Glasgow University to study music...

A whole life ahead of him - most of mine behind me...

Oh well...

First half was superb...

Intro: Firebird Suite
Close to the Edge
Perpetual Change
Counties and Countries
And You and I
Giving Is Living
Soon

Here's chum Iain at half time...


...and here are his superb pics...








The second half was equally superb...

Awaken
I've Seen All Good People
Once Upon a Dream
Leaves of Green
Starship Trooper
Roundabout
Outro: Land of Hope and Glory

...and here are my less than superb pics...






The night ended at 10:15 and me and the Doc were on the 10:30 bus back to Edinburgh...

The conversation ranged from how great the show had been, how spritely Jon Anderson was onstage compared to his wee old man offstage persona outside the hall, the future for Yes and Yes related bands, ten foot aliens in a Miami Mall (don't ask) and single Japanese women trying to find employment (again, don't ask)...

At 11:35 I was climbing the hill to Crispycat Towers, with Anderson's live LP, "Perpetual Change" in the cans...

Back home, today's acquisitions would wait until tomorrow to be attended to...



Strangely enough, I retired not with Jon Anderson in the nutphones but Yes's latest, "Aurora", for which I had a hankering after this evening's proceedings...

A good day...

Highlight of the Day: Jon Anderson, live...

Today's New Music:


No comments: