Playlist
Up and to work, writing the last two entries...
...with promising skies outside...
...and I was accompanied by coffee, post giving a few wee biscuits to Luna...
It was reasonably early...
...and it was Monday - into week 37...
The new set up (which would be amended again, later today and tomorrow morning)...
...and off we went, right on time...
Pre breakfast, over to the opticians for my eye test...
All good...
Right Eye Stigmata thingy has actually improved by 0.25, left eye long sightedness is down by 0.25 i.e. very slightly worse...
Nothing to be seen in the scans and photos and I was given a clean bill of eye health for another 2 years or until whenever anything arises....
Got drops in my eyes to dilate my pupils, so very slightly blurry vision whilst shopping for bread pre the drive home...
Also bought a thing to allow my outside/TV glasses to be on my person at all times while in the house...
This should save myriad trips up and down the stairs when I try to watch TV with my computer specs on...
Back home for breakfast and work - when I put together a folder with the 60 tracks re possible Capital Models gigs in it, it seems I "moved" rather than "copied" the files...
So they all had to be copied back...
I believe this is something I've done quite a few times in the past and have not realised - of course, now, I cannot remember which files I may have moved...
Idiot...
Also, researching buses between the main bus station in Glasgow and tonight's venue, the Glad Cafe...
By 1:15, post lunch, we were ready to set off down the hill for the bus to said Glasgow...
Just over an hour later, we were there, despite a delay re a crash on the A8, in which one man died and from which, two women and another man fled the scene on foot...
Off Anne went to get things she likes...
...as I walked down to Missing for a rummage...
I swithered over this but did not partake...
Half an hour later I exited with 3 CDs for a fiver...
A walk back up towards George Square for a meet up with the coffee enjoyed EP...
Then, to The Merchant for some Jubel Peach...
...before heading to La Pulcinela at 5 for tea...
...accompanied by small beers...
Pate and Bruschetta for starters...
...Ravioli and Pollo Milanese for mains...
Lovely...
Then, a walk for the number 3...
"Does this bus go to Pollokshaws Road?", was my attempt at obtaining confirmation that my earlier research had been correct...
"I think so" said the driver...
Helpful...
In fact, it did...
Into the Glad Cafe for tonight's concert by Loscil, ably supported by Kinbrae...
Americanos, while we waited for the doors to open...
I noted that the Dar Williams gig we will see in Glasgow on 1 October is part of a larger festival...
In and a good position secured amongst the sold out crowd...
An interesting 40 minute set from Kinbrae, involving electronics, trumpet and vocals (it was better than that sounds)...
They were their own roadies...
...as was Loscil (Vancouver's own, Scott Morgan)...
Obligatory pre performance pic...
Since then, he's become an ambient music fave...
I captured tonight's 50 minute set for private posterity...
Superb...
Both acts this evening put me in the frame of mind to start work on "Live Suite 2026/27"...
We'll see...
A bus immediately on exiting the venue...
“Does this bus go to Buchanan St Bus Station?”, was my attempt at obtaining confirmation that my earlier research had been correct...
“Sort of…” said the driver...
Helpful...
In fact, it almost did...
...and within 20 minutes we were approaching the bus station...
...for the 10:30 bus home...
...and off we went, right on time...
I was soundtracked by Loscil's set...
The bus was diverted due to the ongoing road closures re this morning's crash...
Which was fortuitous (the diversion, not the crash) as we arrived at the foot of the hill just in time to catch a 26 up it...
And home to Luna, who was rewarded for her patience with some midnight food...
A quick de-labelling ready for ripping tomorrow...
It turns out, the first two of today's purchases, chosen from the thousands of CDs in Missing, are CDs I considered buying back in June but, instead, chose merely to photograph and download on my return to base...
I also took a chance on this, based on the cover blurb...
Spoiler: It's not as good as the cover blurb makes out...
Not to worry...
To bed with the mark of Loscil about me...
...and with Loscil in the cans...
Highlight of the Day: Loscil live...
Today's New Music:


No comments:
Post a Comment