Playlist
To the machines...
...to set up, then, to Luna...
...then, back to the machines and transferring yesterday's Loscil recording from my phone and editing and adding it to the library...
And listening back...
...while, under a good sky...
...I did my best to help old chum Pete M and, as ever, young Malcolm...
Enthused by last night's sets, I listened back to my own Live Suites this morning, with thoughts of starting work on the next one...
Meanwhile Anne was out and about, returning in time for lunch - but no telly (other than "Bargain Hunt") as Anne was soon off again, this time to Pickleball (she won all five of her games!)...
In the room with the machines, I was in discussions again with the band re my suggested plans...
The concept is a fairly simple one...
Have a goal of playing a gig (self-organised in order to have full control) every 8 weeks...
The gig would comprise:
(a) "the support act" - Capital Models playing songs from their original 1980 canon (25 mins)
(b) "the main act" - Capital Models playing songs either by a chosen artist or based on a theme, but, in a Capital Models stylee (60 mins) - this artist/theme would be "the selling point"
(c) "the encore" - a few songs from our extensive established repertoire of covers we enjoy rocking out on (15 mins)
And, to prep for each gig, we will have 3 or 4 rehearsals beforehand - during which we would play through the three sets but with around 90 minutes built in for honing and trying ideas...
We'll see how it goes on Monday at the next planned session...
I looked back at the recently created band calendar I put up on the Group Chat...
I was looking to add potential gig dates and indicate rehearsals we might choose to forego if we'd just done a gig...
I realised that I'd botched up a few of the dates...
So, I spent a couple of hours this afternoon re-doing it and expanding it to 16 months, taking us to the end of 2027...
Over the 18 months there would hopefully be 26 definite rehearsal sessions, and a further 8 which might be cancelled if we get to play the 8 gigs I've penciled in...
Works out at around 24 sessions (including gigs) over a 12 month period - i.e. 2 a month, as agreed...
Then, took a walk down to GuitarGuitar for a couple of sets of strings for my acoustics (having broken a string on the Fender yesterday) - there is talk of us doing some acoustic open mics at some point...
Back up the road to do the stringing...
The old strings had been on this guitar, which I bought in 1999 to record many of the titles on the second CBQ song-based LP, "Doveloveshawk", for "very many years"...
Liking the new sound...
This evening, the very welcome return of "Colin From Accounts" along with a "Scandal" or two and messaging Gillian that Luna was fine...
...and, indeed, dandy...
I swithered with the idea of going along to Meadowbank to see Queens play Edinburgh City - surely they could win against the team propping up Scotland's fourth tier?
Nope - in the end , I was glad I watched that extra episode of "Scandal" instead...
1-0 down at half time and scraped a 1-1 draw...
Post "Scandal", some more songs upstairs with the "new" guitar...
Working out a few chord sequences and amending keys on others...
All in all, between yesterday's and today's sessions, I played 28 songs:
"All the Young Dudes" (new)
"All Tomorrow's Parties" (new)
"Ashes to Ashes"
"The Bewlay Brothers" (new)
"Caroline Says"
"Chance Meeting"
"Children of the Revolution" (new)
"Cindy Tells Me"
"Drive-in Saturday"
"Everything Merges With the Night"
"The Fat Lady of Limbourg"
"Five Years"
"The Great Pretender"
"Heroes"
"I'll Come Running (To Tie Your Shoe)"
"It Ain't Me Babe" (new)
"Lay Your Love"
"Let's Spend the Night Together"
"Like a Rolling Stone"
"Metal Guru" (new)
"Moonage Daydream" (new)
"Mother of Pearl"
"Needles in the Camel's Eye"
"Orifix"
"The Paw Paw Negro Blow Torch"
"Rebel Rebel" (new)
"Regret"
"Se Telefonando"
So, Mott the Hoople, The Velvet Underground, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Roxy Music, T Rex, Brian Eno, Bob Dylan, Eno/Cale, The Rolling Stones, Capital Models, New Order and Francoise Hardy to the fore...
Eventually, Anne advised enough was enough, and so, some listening at the machines...
...before Anne retired early, not feeling 100% and I went to the back room to listen to tracks from 8 recent CD purchases on the SMSL player with my trusty AKG 702s...
A good end to the day...
Highlight of the Day: New strings on my guitar...
Today's New Music:


No comments:
Post a Comment