Up late today...
Breakfast and, then, listening to new to me stuff from Icehouse and the Jazz is Dead label, plus a wee bit of Miles Davis for 1967...
Another new month...
My onesie is at the ready as it gets colder...
Writing this...
...including putting together my list of projects the band might do...
I imagine the guys will worry about the the amount of work but, well, we need to do something...
Breakfast and, then, listening to new to me stuff from Icehouse and the Jazz is Dead label, plus a wee bit of Miles Davis for 1967...
Anne was off to see her mum...
Played some songs in the back room with the acoustic - first time for a while...
Lunch on Anne's return...
In September 1996, 30 years ago, it was these. I owned a 2nd hand record shop during the 90's, so some were swiped from there. The list includes my own first CD as CBQ. Sinead Lohan supported The Blue Nile. There were no LPs by this time (I only bought them to re-sell) but I was still replacing some LPs on CD (e.g. Roy Harper). Perfect Sound Forever...
In September 2006, these were the CDs acquired that month, so, these probably represent a lot of what I was listening to. The Mott the Hoople and Gentle Giant were me upgrading CDs I already owned to the remastered versions with bonuses...
10 Years ago, in September 2016, my monthly acquisitions were already getting out of hand - 90 across these 3 pics. There's no way I listened to all of these all the way through. In fact there's probably some stuff here which I've never heard, even after owning it for a decade. A scathing indictment indeed...
And, finally, today, in September 2026, with just 1 day gone so far, I've acquired these 18 items, including five re my playlist for 50 years ago...

...then, Anne was off to Pickleball...
I started re-watching "I Claudius" - quite possibly the best drama ever from the BBC - 50 years old this year!
I kept having to refer to the Wikipedia page to remember who everyone was and how they were related to each other...
Then, upstairs and looking back across the decades...
With the aid of my diary, 50 years ago this month, in September 1976...
LPs Bought
Bob Dylan - Another Side of Bob Dylan
John Cale - Slow Dazzle
Roxy Music - Country Life
Roxy Music - Siren
Most Played LP: Roxy Music - Roxy Music
7" Singles Bought
Bend Me Shape Me
Teenage Opera
Let's Go to San Francisco
Seen Live
Manfred Mann's Earthband/Racing Cars
Hawkwind/Tiger
Strawbs/Phillip Goodhand-Tait
Film
Tommy
The Dylan and the 7"s were bought at a jumble sale. John Cale, Country Life, Siren (and, earlier, Roxy's debut) were all bought 2nd hand, while I got the "Tommy" 2LP soundtrack shortly after seeing the film....
Hawkwind was the best of the 3 gigs (I managed to pick up "Astounding Sounds" the next month, again, 2nd hand) but all were good. Tiger & Phillip Goodhand-Tait were just ok really, but Racing Cars were top...
Then, in September 1986, these were my acquisitions, compiled with the aid of my "Red Book of CDs I Own" and other record lists, re the LPs. I was just under a year into buying CDs. So, around half of these were CDs, mostly replacing LPs I already had, but I was still buying LPs too. I didn't give up on vinyl until early 1988...
In September 1996, 30 years ago, it was these. I owned a 2nd hand record shop during the 90's, so some were swiped from there. The list includes my own first CD as CBQ. Sinead Lohan supported The Blue Nile. There were no LPs by this time (I only bought them to re-sell) but I was still replacing some LPs on CD (e.g. Roy Harper). Perfect Sound Forever...
In September 2006, these were the CDs acquired that month, so, these probably represent a lot of what I was listening to. The Mott the Hoople and Gentle Giant were me upgrading CDs I already owned to the remastered versions with bonuses...
All in all, an eclectic bunch of records, including a home made prog collection...
10 Years ago, in September 2016, my monthly acquisitions were already getting out of hand - 90 across these 3 pics. There's no way I listened to all of these all the way through. In fact there's probably some stuff here which I've never heard, even after owning it for a decade. A scathing indictment indeed...
And, finally, today, in September 2026, with just 1 day gone so far, I've acquired these 18 items, including five re my playlist for 50 years ago...

Out. Of. Control...
Anyway, that was how I wasted my time this afternoon, while Luna hung out in our bed...
Cooked my own tea tonight as Anne had only secured one macaroni cheese thing...
Very tasty indeed - despite Anne's disparaging comments on my cooking techniques...
This evening, the first two episodes of the new season of "Vigil" entertained...
Some more listening...
One episode of "Scandal" and , then, bed...
Reasonable...
Highlight of the Day: Looking back... And my disparaged pasta concoction...
Today's New Music:

No comments:
Post a Comment