Playlist
Up and at 'em...
...but, before commencing with the getting at 'em, there was a wee cat to be seen to...
Then, to writing this and other stuff (24 hours later? No idea!)...
Breakfast all laboriously done in the microwave - which I kept resetting for a little bit more, before realising the uncooked liquid on the plate I was using was not egg white but, in fact, water from the bacon medallions...
It's a learning process...
Chat in the back garden with neighbour Bianca...
...before Anne headed to Zumba and I headed back to the machines...
I fetched my other guitar from the attic with the intention of restringing it, following the success yesterday with the Fender...
But it was found to be fine, so I have a spare set of strings now...
In fact, it was so fine, I formulated the makings of a new song on it...
...before heading out for a wander, down the hill, soundtracked by the playlist of 60 songs to be covered by the band in our planned gigs for the next 12 months or so...
...and into town on an airport bus...
I had my eye out...
...for things I might like...
Off at Shandwick Place...
Unlike this person, I did not shell out over £40 for any LPs in Fopp...
...and found four things for £3.50 in the Bethany shop and 2 for £1 each in the shop next door...
...before jumping on a tram back to Haymarket...
...and a bus home, for lunch and the very enjoyable latest, penultimate, episode of "Reacher"...
Then, some listening in the back room again...
This is a top notch soundtrack - along the lines of that for the excellent Michael Mann film, "Heat"...
It too includes some music by Brian Eno...
In fact, it was so good, I later partook of the latest release from the composer, Cliff Martinez...
This is a 2CD set of beautiful Liszt piano music, expertly played by Pascal Amoyel...
This was a find too - a new to me Canadian songwriter - once again, more of this artist's work was partaken of later...
...and, although I have this as part of a 3CD box, this was nice to have for 50p as a stand alone item...
Next door, two interesting Mojo compilations...
This one is particularly good and accompanied my doing the dishes later on this evening...
While listening, I contemplated a revamp of the CD storage...
I find my "boxes" set up to be less satisfying than a “spines out” system. The boxes have, of course, proved their worth re space saving - twice as many CDs as there would be with just one layer with “spines out”....
Having rearranged this one section to take this pic, I was very tempted to do that with them all. Two layers, “spines out”?
A negative factor might be I’d need to remove all the booklets and put them back in the cases - 422 boxes, all in all…
Could I move each section to have two spines out boxes at the front, and two at the back?
Hmmm…
Had a quick try with the first 12 boxes...
I think I’m going to go with the Status Quo - to which I quickly reverted...
Downstairs - the rest of the team was relaxing and not thinking in the least about CDs...
For tea tonight, tasty fishcakes, with a few chips and the piece de resistance, baked beans...
Yowsah!
130 at "University Challenge" - there've been no freaks for a few weeks but of course it couldn't last, young "Emily" quite obviously being a man...
Oh well, each to their own...
Then, rounding off the day, Season 4 of "Scandal" took up the rest of the evening and took us to bedtime at 11:30...
Highlight of the Day: Out and about...
Today's New Music:
No comments:
Post a Comment