Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Planning ahead...

Playlist


Up at 6 and to the machines to work...



...including writing this and, generally, mucking about, while listening to Paul Buchanan...

Created a couple of GIFs re my podcasts and my 2026 CBQ output...

Let's see if the work here?



Did another one for the podcasts' content as I was writing this...


So that was good...

Breakfast...



...then, Anne was off to Zumba...

I continued to listen to music which has entertained me for 40 years (see yesterday's post and the playlist above)...

On Anne's return, lunch...

A new "Reacher" - top...

Then Anne went off again, shopping...

I formulated ideas re band rehearsals over the next year - everyone has seemingly agreed to fortnightly on a Tuesday so I set up the calendar re that...

On the left, the last 12 months, on the right, the next 12 months...


You can see we played 18 times over the last year - 16 were rehearsals and only 2 were gigs – half of each were with John B and the other half with Martin McQueen...

18 sessions, with zero at all in the opening to months of the period... 

So, when done on the agreed basis of fortnightly sessions, on a Tuesday, the target sessions for the next 12 months amount to 25, not that much of an increase - given we'll be looking not to have 2 months solid were nothing happens!. 

The September dates are as previously agreed but can be moved to a Tuesday if required...

Nothing's set in stone and any of these dates can be moved to a nearby Fri, Sat, Sun or Mon if anything comes up for anyone (e.g October - and I'll probably not want to rehearse on my birthday either, which is one of the dates)......

We can even cancel if it turns out any date, along with all those around it, just doesn't work...

The guys have balked in the past at any suggestion of such long-term planning, giving the excuse that they have no idea what might be happening so far ahead...

But not knowing what might happen out with things already in the diary, is surely the normal state of affairs?

Diary entries are made so that other things can be worked around them as they subsequently arise or, if needs be, to be changed if something deemed more important comes up. Perfectly understandable...

So, I will be asking them not to say “I can't commit that far ahead”...

Instead, I'll be asking them to say “I'll put that in my diary and deal with changes if something more important comes up” - and to let the others know as soon as something more important does come up, so we can move things...

Pencilling in these dates now, should give us the stability and predictability of "more than likely, every second Tuesday I'll be meeting with the band"...

So, 25 sessions over the next 12 months but those will include any gigs we do. I'm going to suggest we target at least 6 gigs, ideally, 1 every 2 months...

And, if we do play a gig, we can cancel the next rehearsal, so the total sessions, rehearsals or gigs, will remain set at 25...

I'll be asking them to make this commitment to a fortnightly session/gigs so we can avoid those 3, 4, 5 or even 6, 7, 8 or 9 week breaks we've had in the past...

Because, the more we play (and the more regularly we play), surely the better we'll become?

I'm willing to do this....

It remains to be seen what they will say...

On Anne's return, new picture frames in the dining room...


Finished off "Exploding Kittens" - it appears not to have been recommissioned...

Oh well...

Meanwhile, Luna continues to be very much at home with us...


Fang popped by for some Dreamies too...


...and then went on his merry way...


Tasty fish cakes and beans for tea...

Then, some TV - a couple of "Bones" - not watched any for a while...


As usual, Luna is loving Anne and pays zero attention to me unless she wants some food and Anne's not there...


Oh well...

One episode of "Scandal" and off to bed...

Highlight of the Day: Planning...

Today's New Music:

No comments: