Thursday, September 21, 2006

The knife beckons...

Playlist
Rheostatics/Marin Tielli/Violet Archers - Jukebox Shuffleplay again..
Frost - Milliontown

Well that's it over for a while now, probably till sometime in 2007 if ever again at all...

No more CBQ live...

Thanks to everyone and anyone who came along to either, or indeed both, to the Fringe gigs last month and the September gigs this week...

On balance I have to conclude that the Beanscene is just not conducive to live music - they are coffee shops and, in coffee shops, people drink coffee and chat and, the louder the music is, the louder they chat, so it all seems rather pointless playing there...

So now I look forward to having my shoulder sliced open and bits of bone scraped away to try and avert any further impingement on my arm - it's now at the stage where it's agony to lift it any higher than around 45 degrees to my side, or to reach out to do anything - hence guitar playing is not the best thing to do...

I am advised the op will be at Murrayfield Hospital in "October or November" - ah, how I love the decisive pinpoint accuracy of the NHS...

But I will record these last 15 songs at some point and the new album will be released in 2007...

Highlight of the Day : Last ever CBQ gig...

P.S. Re the place of music in one's life, an interesting response from Robert Fripp to a friend whose son is about to head for LA with his band (from Robert's diary 15/9)...

Friend:
My son is moving to LA next month to play music. I saw his band perform last evening. They are ready, at least he and are in agreement on this. Is there anything you suggest to help these young men?

Robert Fripp:
If they succeed, they’ll get fucked. If they fail, they’ll get fucked. That’s a given. The key is: this is a learning experience. I advise young men to have music as a hobby. Music is a wonderful hobby. It is an awful way to earn a living, but possible for a young single man for a period of time, until he has children. Then, his wife will say: your children need food, an education, a home. And then, he will lie for money & play music that is dishonest for him, or find a different job.

3 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Great - you never know, could be my last ever performance

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Not to worry if you didn't make it. neither did many others who might have...

But there was no room in any case, the place was packed out with Fresher Students...

Grim

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Man, are you stalking me?

I'll need to start taking note of my surroundings as I walk around!

Why didn't you rush up to me, yank my earphones out and say "hey, I'm Lodgerlow"?

Thanks re your NHS related well wishing Ms L.