Friday, September 15, 2006

Music is a time machine...

Playlist
The Flower Kings – Paradox Hotel
Cloudland Blue Quartet – The Acoustic Ersatzreal
Various – Super 70’s Rock
Various – The Best Prog Rock Album in the world...Ever!
Impossible Songs - Border Crossing

Bright and sunny today....

Up early as ever and took the car to the garage re a possible problem – turns out though that it’s not a problem, just a feature of diesel engines so I’ll need to get used to it...

Found myself at ASDA and as you’d expect, trawled through the CDs, buying two 3CD sets, “The Best Prog Rock Album In The World...Ever” and “Super 70’s Rock”...





Of the 95 tracks included over the 6 discs, I already have 62 but the £14 I paid in total is probably worth it for the remaining 33 songs...

Back home, I mucked about on e-bay and the net in general, buying the new CD by Frost, a track off of which was on the freebie disc I got with the Classic CD mag I took with me to Italy (and left there)...

Later, I ran through the set again for next week and this time it was good, so I am uplifted by that. Self doubt and disillusion were setting in prior to this...

To be honest though, I really can’t be bothered playing live much more – it’s impossible for people to gain any decent impression of what my CDs sound like by listening to me singing whilst accompanying myself not very well on an acoustic guitar (feel free to chip in here if you want to cheer me up)...

I’m due an operation next month which will probably curtail any guitaring for a while and so have nothing further lined up beyond next Thursday...

Towards the end of the year I’ll record these fifteen new songs - I think I prefer to record my music and sell it over the net and perhaps play once or twice a year but with the full band...

We’ll see how it goes – I’ll probably be right up for solo performing again by the end of next week when I’ve done another three gigs...

I’d thought we might go to the cinema this afternoon as Anne was bored while I was keeping myself occupied with the computer and the guitar and the singing and all...

But we watched “The Shipping News”, a DVD we bought just over a year ago but had never got round to viewing as this seemed a better idea. What a great “little” film. Enjoyed it. Recommended...



Made me want to go and live in Newfoundland!

I spent some considerable time late in the day finishing off the diary for the Italian holiday whlst listening to the Prog Rock CD...

And so full details of the holiday are now set out below...

"The Simpsons" was excellent tonight - the one where Homer is hypnotised and relives a traumatic event from his childhood....

Then a new show, "Legit" later on...

Getting back to normal...

Highlight of the Day : Super 70’s Rock (Music is indeed a time machine!!)

No comments: