Saturday, September 23, 2006

Order restored...

Playlist
Spock’s Beard – Day for Night
Spock’s Beard – V
Spock’s Beard – Snow
Spock’s Beard – Feel Euphoria
Roxy Music – The Thrill of it All Box Set
Iron Maiden – Edward the Great
Pink Floyd – Echoes
Jacques Loussier Trio – Vivaldi
Crimson Jazz Trio – King Crimson Songbook Vol 1
Michael Bruce – Halo of Ice
Hawkwind – Doremi Fasol Latido

Up at 5:58 today and just sat for an hour listening to some Spock’s Beard...

Then I made some coffee, opened the cat flap for Meg the Black Cat, and went to the computer...

I added some new links and deleted some old ones which don’t get updated as much as I like – nothing worse than going back day after day to the same old page – and I changed the colour of the blog to white from dark blue (as you can see I subsequently amended it to black)...

Anne rose when the postie arrived, delivering my recently purchased 4DVD set of “The Two Towers” – once “Return of the King” arrives, I’ll watch all three “Lord of the Rings” films in one long session – I’ve had the first film, "The Fellowship of the Ring" for a couple of years now..

Last Friday I bought a new pair of Chelsea boots (I like Chelsea boots) which I thought were exactly the same type as some boots of which I’ve had two pairs in the past...

Accordingly, I didn’t try them on – I hate trying things on...

It wasn’t until around Sunday night that I got round to trying to wear them – but I found I couldn’t get my feet into them (unless I wasn’t wearing any socks, which is not really practical). Also, the “legs” of the boots were longer than those I’d had before and I imagine they would cut into my shins as I walked...

So today, we drove to the shop on the other side of town, and they very kindly took the boots back...

I couldn’t find anything else I wanted – despite trying on around six different pairs of shoes – but we did get a pair of trendy boot-like slippers for Anne – if slippers can ever be termed trendy that is...

In the HMV sale, which has strictly underwhelmed me, we bought two £2.99 DVDs, “Dodgeball” and “Being John Malkovitch” – once watched, we’ll hand them in to the Oxfam shop or Lothian Cat Rescue...

To the centre of town and lunch today at Patisserie Florentin – just like the last time we were there, we managed to spill coffee all over the place...



Back home, after a quick stroll into Stockbridge, past this impressive building which is now a Pizza Express, a visit to the Oxfam Music Shop (no buys today) and the purchase of some lovely bread, Anne worked in the garden and painted around the front door (with Meg the Black Cat adding paw prints and hair to the proceedings) while I finally sorted out all the CDs which have been out of any kind of order since we redecorated the back room in June...

Three hours of buggering about with CDs – it looks exactly the same now to the untrained eye – but order has been restored (although the classical discs and compilatons are still mixed up – a job for another day)...

An unlikely inclusion in the soundtrack to this activity was Iron Maiden’s greatest hits set, “Edward the Great”. I’ve had this for around three years without ever really giving it a listen. I can now advise that it rocks...

My good mood seemed to have stretched on from yesterday – even rebutting the fact that Queen of the South lost again...

In the evening we watched taped episodes of “CSI :Miami” and “Law and Order” followed by “Match of the Day”...

Before finally retiring, I listened to original Alice Cooper Group guitarist Michael Bruce’s album “Halo of Ice”. Recorded live in Iceland in 2001 and consisting entirely of AC classics, it’s an album that any Cooper aficionado should seek out...

Highlight of the Day : My CDs are back in order

No comments: