Saturday, September 16, 2006

Another Saturday night...

Playlist
James Jamieson 13 Songs
Cloudland Blue Quartet – The Acoustic Ersatzreal
The Flower Kings – Paradox Hotel
Various – Just some tracks from a selection of CDs
OSI – Free
The Flower Kings – Unfold the Future

OK so here’s how I end up buying a CD on e-bay...

I get an e-mail saying I’ve been outbid on a CD
I go to e bay and check the other bidder
I look at the last thing they bought
It was a CD for $0.01
I go and look at what that seller has on offer
I see there is a CD involving Adrian Belew for $0.55
I search the net for a review of this CD
I find the artist’s website and see that most of his CDs involve Mr Belew and that various reviews are singing his praises
Not put off by the fact he’s an overtly Christian artist, I resolve to buy the CD
Postage is $6.55, bringing the total price to around £4
Do more searching on e-bay and buy another CD by same artist – this time, a mere $4.99 - around £2.75
Sit back and wait for the CDs to arrive from the USA

And that is how easy it is to get cash out of Mr CBQ for something he’s never even heard before...

Breakfast at home today and then a brief trip into town for me to buy, write and post a card for brother-in-law Richard (Tricky Dicky) whose birthday it will be on Monday...

I also buy a photo frame for Anne for a picture I took a few weeks back of her and her sister Jane and brother Keith. We have a duplicate of this prepared for her mum and one of me and my two sisters and my mum to give to my mum next time we visit...

Around midday I surf the net, aided by the presence of a sleeping Meg the Black Cat....



...then I run through my set for this week’s gigs – much better this time and I actually enjoyed it...

Then I just played some tracks from CDs for an hour or so. In the meantime Jane had phoned Anne and the two of them went off to a garden centre with Jane’s kids Ollie and Kitty...

I wander aimlessly about the house, watching a couple of comedy shows on ABC1 and flicked over to Sky Sports News a couple of times to see how Queen of the South were doing...

They lost 2-1 away at Dundee. One point from six games. It’s actually worse than last year....

In the evening a nice Indian meal from the place down the road, just a main course and boiled rice each – we always order far too much from these places...

Two episodes of CSI on video, a read at the Nick Hornby book whilst listening to OSI’s “Free”, Match of the Day and bed, listening to an old Flower Kings disc...

Another Saturday Night....

And I forgot to rebid for the CD I was outbid on...

Highlight of the Day : Just playing some tracks for an hour or so...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

It's quite sore again now. For example, I can't really reach out and switch on a light switch. I can still play the guitar at present though so should be ok.

Thanks for asking Ms L.