Monday, September 18, 2006

Crazy wisdom...

Playlist
Various – Now That’s What I Call Prog Rock (3CD-R)
Beethoven – String Quartet Opus 135

7:20 and to the computer..

Printed out the Italian holiday to give to my mum today as she has no computer...

Also printed the revamped fliers for tonight...

Out at 8:30, took Anne to Lothian Cat Rescue and then went to see my mum. We had a good time and...

I gave her a CD of tonight’s proposed set as she won’t be able to come along....

I gave her the framed photo of the pic which I put on the blog a few weeks ago...

I told her all about the Italian holiday... I went out and got a few bits of shopping for her....

I tried, to no avail, to fix her exercise bike....

She gave me bad news re an old friend of my dad’s, who's been diagnosed with untreatable and inoperable cancer and has been given around a year to live...

Left Loanhead around 11:40 and got back to the cat rescue around midday, to pick up Anne and take her to lunch at a place called “The Retreat”. Excellent fayre and good value too - and a large family of peacocks in the garden...



We came home via Homebase so Anne could buy some earth for her pots in the back garden...

I restarined myself from buying a large mirrored ball...



Back home, I rehearsed the set for tonight, had some coffee then Anne went out on a few errands. When she came back we watched “Coronation St” from last night and the 2nd part of the “Spooks” story – brilliant!!

Then I was drawn to running through the set again and did some slight lyric rewrites and additions and tried a couple of songs in different keys or faster rather than slower – to which Anne gave her opinion as Executive Producer...

And so a few things were changed at the last moment..

Out to the Beanscene for 7:30 and soundchecked by 8. Old chum, comedian and drummer Mr Jim Park arrived out of the blue followed shortly by old friend and singer Mr Malcolm Logan, who I’ve not seen properly for a good few years...

It was an enjoyable performance for me and the positive response encouraged me to play more gigs...

After I’d packed up, I went for a drink with Malcolm and discovered that his four year old son has Spina Bifida (which shows how long it is since we spoke at any length). But the wee guy sounds like a bit of a hero and I’m sure he’ll do ok in the long run, with the support of Malcolm and his partner Angela...

We agreed to meet up again for lunch in a couple of weeks...

Home just after eleven and caught the highlights of the weekend's Scottish Premier League football on Scotsport, including Hearts scraping a win against Motherwell 1-0 away from home...

Another good day...

Highlight of the Day : Meeting up again with Malcolm and Jim Posted by Picasa

No comments: