Monday, September 25, 2006

Soaked but entertained...

Playlist
Various - Jukebox on shuffleplay
Helene Grimaud - Reflection:R Schumann/C Schumann/Brahms
Maria Joao Pires/Ricardo Castro - Schubert "Resonance de l'Originaire"

The HMV sale strikes again as I find a great little 2 disc set of Schubert's piano music for four hands reduced to £5 and also for £5 Helene Grimaud's 2005 album "Reflections" comprising a Robert Schumann Piano Concerto and 3 songs by his wife, Clara Schumann, along with a sonata for piano and cello and two rhapsodies by Johannes Brahms.....

Lovely...

Tonight I'm out with James Jamieson to the "Out of the Bedroom presents" evening....

So I don't miss first act, Impossible Songs, I forego the offer of waiting till 8 to get the car from Anne, who will have returned from her aerobics class by then and, instead walk for the bus - and get soaked in a horrendous rainstorm (at both ends of the bus trip, during which Ms Grimaud keeps me company)...

Also on tonight are Hannah O'Reilly, Acoustic Idol of a couple of years back, and the excellent Steven Carey, who played on the same bill as me back in July at Pol's house gig in Lasswade...

An entertaining evening all round - and great to see Jamie again...

I leave around 10 or so and the rain's off...

Back on the bus to Corstorpine and up home to Crispycat Towers...

Finish off the night with the SPL Football highlights including Hearts' victory over Aberdeen...

Highlight of the Day : Another Helene Grimaud album - I have quite a few - she's my favourite modern day pianist...

No comments: