Saturday, March 16, 2024

Choosing art over music can be the right thing to do...

Playlist
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2024 Vol 5
Joe Gibbs & The Professionals - African Dub All-Mighty: Chapter 3
Lindstrøm - Six Cups Of Rebel
Brian Eno - All I Remember (Single)
Kacey Musgraves - Deeper Well
Various Artists - Beside Bowie: The Mick Ronson Story (OST)
Various Artists - The Sound of Cologne Vol 4
Anna Meredith - The End We Start From
Brian Eno - Eno (OST)
Cloudland Blue Quartet & Sombre Reptiles - Decades
Mari Samuelsen - Mari
Joy Division - Still (Collectors' Edition)

I did not rise until 9am...

I could have done so a couple of hours earlier but, instead, snoozed listening to week 5 of this year's podcasts, without recalling a single item I'd played just 6 weeks ago...

Hmmm...

Rehearsed the third set for the upcoming gigs...

Around 11:30, into town with Annie, to meet up with Malcolm at Fopp...

As ever, he was late...

I bought 3 CDs...

A Prins Thomas disc and these two...



 Inevitably, I already had the Prins Thomas disc...


I'm sure I can swap it - there are a couple of other things here I definitely don't have...

Took a pic of the back of this £38 reggae box to ensure I already had the content...


 I did...

Malcolm arrived and we enjoyed Coffees/Tea and chat at Cafe Nero, followed by beers and a Diet Irn Bru for the driver (having accidently already bought a pint - subsequently donated to Malcolm) and more chat, at the Fox and Faun...


We will work on a new thing "Global Herding" (I think)...

A surprise this morning was notification that Malcolm's and my band Call Me Clive's version of Sombre Reptiles' "Poppies", from my anthology, "Rubinmusik 1977-2017", had been purchased from Bandcamp by one Fritha Lewin...


Fritha joined Call Me Clive around 1988 at the age of 15 and played Sax with us for just a few weeks...

She chose art over music and is now a successful graphic designer/artist in that London...




Enjoyable e-mail exchanges were made and, hopefully, we can keep in touch...

Home with sandwiches from Sainsbury for lunch...

In Dingwall, Hearts went down 2-1 to Ross County while in an evening televised match, Queens went ahead against league leaders Falkirk, only to end up being thrashed 4-1 - although that score line mightily flattered the away side...

Oh well...

Fish fingers and beans for tea (bacon roll for Anne)...


Ripping and listening in the evening...

And rehearsed the fourth set for the upcoming gigs...

And the first in the 3rd series of "Astrid" enjoyed...

Saturday over - rehearsing tomorrow...

Highlight of the Day : Call Me Clive reunions...

Today's New Music:-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That thing about not remembering what you have listened to a few weeks earlier rings true I'm afraid...

Cheers,
Svein-Frode

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Indeed - when, like you and me, there is too much acquisition of which properly to keep track! Cheers SF!