Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Addressing the distortion and always missing some...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Dissolution IV
Wye Oak - Civilian
Witchman - Heavy Traffic
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Backing Tracks
Matters Unknown - We Aren't Just
Various - Current Top 30 on Shuffleplay

Up early and firing up the machines...


Today was the day to record the 2024 piano LP, "Dissolution IV"...


And, lo, I did indeed do so - ten tracks created and on to treating and mixing them with some ambience...


Before breakfast, the first version of the LP was ready and the Exec Producer took a wee listen and declared it to be "nice"...


..which, from the EP is very high praise indeed...

Off she went to Zumba and I listened closely...


Various areas of very slight distortion troubled me...

I did a full remix, lowering the piano and bringing the ambience slightly more to the fore...

And that became the 2nd mix - which I thought was ok and so went about uploading it all to Bandcamp, with the initial mix as a bonus...

"Leverage" at lunchtime then Anne had stuff re her mum and hairdressing so I created a full playlist of all the backing tracks I have of songs I do with the band and, having worked out last night the fret placings for the capo to be able to play the same chords I do with the band, I played through the 1st two sets on the acoustic along to the tracks from the laptop...

Still need to do the fret placings for all the songs not on the wedding setlists though...

My stuff today - new piano piece titles gleaned from Eno's diary (at utter random) as usual...


Found some great new jazz on Bandcamp, much of it emanating from Glasgow...

Listened again to the new LP and realised there was still some distortion present and I was going to have to, reluctantly, judiciously edit the improvisations...

Tasty prawn pasta tea...


...and another "Leverage" then, back to work, completing what I hoped would be the final version of the album and, again, uploading to Bandcamp, taking down the initial mix bonuses, leaving it as just the 10 main tracks...

A pre recorded "Professor T" very much enjoyed...

Then, a last listen back for the day, only to find distortion of the very end of the last piece...

One for tomorrow as the day was done...


Highlight of the Day : New LP...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: