Saturday, March 23, 2024

Expectations being badly managed can lead to whinging from diarists...

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2024 Vol 12
Jamie Frain & Friends - Covers Night: Live at the Kilted Pig 2012-04-21
James Jamieson & Capital Models - Kind of Live
PAP - Tranchant
Lindstrøm - Smalhans
Neneh Cherry & The Thing - The Cherry Thing
Hollywood Vampires - Live In Rio
John Barry - Themependium
Various Artists - The Best Of Today's African Folk Music Vol 2
Various Artists - North African Groove
Adriaan de Roover - Other Rooms
Anna Meredith - The End We Start From (OST)
Anna Hillburg - Tired Girls
Boris Blank - Resonance
Pan American & Kramer - Reverberations of Non Stop Traffic on Redding Road
Various Artists - Future Jazz From Norway
Bruckner - Sonfonia N. 9
Hollywood Vampires - Live in Rio
Hollywood Vampires - Rise

Up at 7, not 6...

The Laptop took 10 minutes to boot up - which was a worry but which was soon forgotten...


Uploaded Jamie Frain at the Kilted Pig back in April 2012 to Bandcamp, primed for release, accompanied by me and Keith Apter, although most of what we played can't be heard as only the guitars and mics went through the desk - Keith played Cahon...

I excluded all the songs I sang, to make it a Jamie release when it comes and will backdate to the 10th anniversary of his death, on 21/3...

Then, did some digging around in the old hard drives and found loads of rehearsal "tapes", including this one, which was a live set mock up with added applause, put together with performances from around 3 or 4 rehearsals for the December 2012 gig as a trio - the return of Capital Models - I'd wanted to call us "Big Fucking Car" but Jamie said we should be the CMs, as we were 75% of the previous quartet...


So, put this together for now, again, excising the 15 of the 44 tracks that I sang, to make it a Jamie release...

A lift to Roseburn from Anne, who was off to spend time with her mum...

I got on a No 12 Bus, forgetting its route had changed, and found myself on Lothian Road...

Walked down to Fopp - where I found my new Bluetooth headphones priced at over £100 more than I paid the other day...


Result!

I was returning the Prins Thomas disc bought last Saturday as I already had it...

Got this instead...


And picked up this...


And this but, aargh...  I already have it - so another visit beckons...


Finally this - cos it's nice to have "the thing" when all you have is a download...


Onto the No 3 Bus up to Newington...

I have never been a trailblazer or a pacemaker but, following the recent acquisition of said noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones, today was the first time I have ever deemed it acceptable for Mr CBQ to wear “big” headphones “on the street”, man…


In the cancer research shop, I was intrigued by this and figured, for £1.50, it was worth a punt...


Back home, I found that it's on Discogs valued at £64...

It will probably still end up in a skip...

Some nice classical LPs in the Oxfam shop were resisted...

In Shelter, I picked these up for a quid each...



Another bus, the No 8, down to Canonmills, to the St Columba's Hospice shop discovered 3 weeks ago...

This the view as I exited...


...having partaken of these...



Nos 23 and 26 Buses home, Anne was also underway and drove past me on her way to Tesco...

During the bus journey, I opined on the Twitter that these are good...



...because, you know, they are...

Back inside, I listened and ripped...



...and enjoyed Queens winning 2-0 away at Alloa...

Anne messaged she was on her way home - these the views as I awaited her arrival to carry the provisions...




...to the kitchen...


...for filing away...

Some music related mucking about then phoned to order a small Indian takeaway - one starter, one main, one side, one rice between us...

40-45 minutes they said...

Off I duly went, to arrive 45 minutes post order...


...only to then have a 25 minute wait at the restaurant (Eastern Pavilion) for the food to be ready - granted the place was stowed but, had I been a walk in, a 70 minute wait for what was, in effect, a meal for one, would have been completely unacceptable...

Disappointingly bad managing of expectations there - which is, after all, along with top notch fayre, how you keep the customer satisfied...

On the plus side, the food was indeed tasty top notch fayre...


Episode 2 of "Astrid" enjoyed, along with more music on the new headphones - eventually, of course, I fell asleep...

Saturday gone...

Highlight of the Day : Out and about...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: