Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Tumbling down...

Playlist
King Crimson - A Young Person's Guide to King Crimson
Isaac Hayes - Shaft
The Revolutionaries - Vital Dub Well Charged
The Tubes - The Completion Backward Principle
Fehlfarben - 33 Tage In Ketten
Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth
The Velvet Underground - Loaded
Isaac Hayes - Shaft
Rush - All the World's a Stage
Fehlfarben - 33 Tage in Ketten
Magic Tusk - Beyond the Crescent Moon
Brian Eno - On Land
William S.Burroughs - Nothing Here Now But The Recordings
Yes - Yessongs
Labrinth - The Kitchen (OST)
Arditti Quartet - Five Spanish Quartets
Eric Thielemans & Billy Hart - Talking About the Weather
Roger Woodward - Music Of The Russian Avant-Garde (1905-1926)
BODEGA - Broken Equipment
Aleksi Perälä - CHILDREN OF LIGHT 2
Françoise Hardy - Personne D'autre

Up late today...


Still managing to keep this going...

Compiled two new playlists, 23 LPs I acquired when I was 23...

 
...and 24 LPs I acquired at age 24...


Good memories...

Yesterday, my mum was moved from the Royal Infirmary back to Bonnyrigg Hospital...

Accordingly, a visit this morning, noting this nice piece in the stair well...


Mum was a bit confused at first, thinking she'd been moved 3 times since arriving (she hadn't), she'd lost her shoes (they have been in the house all the time), the physio had gone away when the doctor arrived, without having done any physio (she had done the physio, with two physios)...

Had a good, positive discussion with the nursing staff and the physio about her...

Then I had to go to Loanhead to get said shoes and bring them back...

Home around 1:30, after a quick stop at the Bonnyrigg Charity shop where I found 2 CDs in their stock - they sell them at 20 for £1 - the lady said just to take them, so I made a donation...



My 3rd naked burrito lunch of the week (one more tomorrow) plus some "Leverage: Redemption" sustained and entertained then, to ripping the acquisitions from yesterday and today...

Re yesterday's "Big Green Bargain Box of Beethoven", my collection indicated I didn't need another 40CD box...


...but I'd wanted it - and, as someone on Bluesky pointed out, I didn't already have the violin concerto...

Meanwhile Anne was outside in the garden attending to the bags of earth and stone we purchased last Friday at B&Q...


This evening, I readied myself for the fray of fives at 7pm...


As I left the house, the moon and Venus were out...



I was in a team touted to win - but with four very good players, I was destined to spend much of the game in goal...


I saved plenty of shots but one in particular did for me...

As I rushed to the edge of the box to make yet another block, my momentum coupled with the ferocity of the shot, which hit my ankle which was off the ground just at that point, caused me to lose my balance and I clattered to the ground - and, to rub salt in what, now, the morning after, appear to be many wounds, Ryan T, for it was he, scored from the rebound...

Home with injuries to my right ankle, right knee, right arm and shoulder, right side of my neck and my head - plus, in a later, separate saving the day incident, I had the middle fingers of my left hand bent back by another raker of a shot...

I have put my name down for next week...

Tea tonight was tasty home made soup and crusty bread as more ripping and "Leverage" was undertaken, along with Monday's "University Challenge", on which we got 140 - just 5 short of the winners...

And that...


...was Wednesday 13 March, 2024...

I retired with Françoise Hardy's, to date, final record, in the cans...

Highlight of the Day : Not quite breaking my ankle again...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: