Monday, June 08, 2020

On the turntable, 48 years on...

Playlist
Franck  - Symphony in D minor, Symphonic Variations, Prelude, Choral et Fugue
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1994 Remaster)
Alice Cooper - Love it to Death
Will Martina - The Dam Levels
Max.Bab - Inner Orbit
Vincent Gallo - Recordings Of Music For Film
Samana - Ascension
The Entrepreneurs - Noise & Romance
Various Artists - The Old New Thing
Various Artists - The Mute Song Sampler
Rubbra - The Four String Quartets
Schubert - Le Voyage Magnifique
Musica Antiqua Koln - Concertos for 4 Violins
Friedriech Gulda - Genie und Rebell
Various Composers - Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Originals
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2020

Up super early...


...and.post shave, pulled on my Queen of the South T Shirt as I readied for the day...


19 minutes prep for the beast...


Started the day with some Franck - quite lively...


Later today, its addition to the shelf in the living room, along with the Tchaikovsky from the other day, pushed three discs bought at nephew Crag's stag trip to Manchester, 14 weeks ago now, off the shelf...

I decided to give them a play - and one track has made it into today's "15 minutes of fame" re Saturday's podcast...

Meanwhile, views...


Anne was not painting but sleeping...


...and I was coffeeing...


Was listening to this yesterday after some Twitterchat on it - continued this morning and took the opportunity to flaunt this fully autographed double LP...


I was not playing the LP though - but this LP was indeed played...


My joint 3rd LP purchase - same day as the mighty Uriah Heep's "Magician's Birthday"...

This is, as at now, the LP which I have owned the longest...



Of course, as a 13 year old boy, I thought nothing of correcting the timing on the label with a felt pen - or sticking my own label on it...


Idiot...

I did not think for one minute, I'd be listening to it some 48 years later...

Breakfast included some wrongly cooked rosti...


...still tasted fine though...

This arrived mid morning, the Carnival of Animals filling another gap in the 100 Classical Pieces project...


A visit from Fang while Anne was out shopping...



Some Dreamies for the wee man, then off he went, swishing his tail...


Having reached "M" in my lesser known A-Z of Jazz, I compiled from "N" onwards...


This evening, some far out free jazz...


...some stuff on the Mute label and some excellent string quartets...


...and some lovely piano music - can't believe it's 23 years since I bought this...


Some good words on music and the brain from the sleeve notes...


As I searched in vain for the CD which contains the version of Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade"which is on my 100 classical pieces playlist, this disc entertained...


...followed by some Debussy form my Gulda box - still no sign of the elusive disc though...


However, I did also compile a wee pile of books to leaf through at my leisure...


All too soon, it was bed time...


Oh well...

Highlight of the Day : Alice Cooper on the turntable, 48 years on...

No comments: