Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Listening to unchosen records can still be good...

Playlist
Bruckner - Symphony #4 (Russell Davies)
Creek - 2019
Creek - 1997-06-01
Miaskovsky - Quartets n° 1 and 13
Various Composers - Bachfest Leipzig 2006
Manuel Mengis Gruppe 6 - Into the Barn
musicmusicmusic - What's A Good Boss Anyway?
Max Nagl Ensemble - Quartier Du Faisan
The Necks - The Necks at the Vortex
Network - The Bible Says
Pendragon - Love Over Fear
Alice Cooper - The Alice Cooper Show
Alice Cooper - Lace And Whiskey
The Tubes - Young and Rich
Josquin Desprez - Missa “La Sol Fa Re Mi”
The Upsetters - Build The Ark; With Lee Perry & Friends
Montrose - Montrose
Various Artists - Pure... Psychedelic Rock
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Sparklemusik
Udo Lindenberg - Votan Wahnwitz
Various Artists - Magic Moments 7 : Sounds of Surprise
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1994 Remaster)
Vincent Gallo - Recordings Of Music For Film
Various Composers - Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Originals
Creek - 1997-06-01
Max Nagl Ensemble - Quartier Du Faisan

As of close of play tonight, I have listened to 2,593 records since going into lock down...

I know this because of the playlists I put up everyday...

It would, of course, be a long laborious task to determine how many "different" records I've listened to...

However, here is a list of every hundredth album sampled - including the 2,600th which is the 7th album I will listen to tomorrow morning (I'm writing this tomorrow night)...



Anyway, up at 7:20...

Slept in...


...which was annoying...



Sent a Creek track from our first ever session, back in June 1997, to Creeker Craig, as he couldn't find it in his collection - I listened to the session here - pretty good...

Good skies too...

Back...


Front...

Also in colour...


Today's classical piece was Bruckner's 4th symphony...


But, before that, some Novalis - the only thing on my phone with a Bruckner connection, as I pottered around downstairs...


While heating up some coffee, I noted this is a good track to play when you have a minute to spare...


Today, I started "N" re the Jazz A-Z...


...but also compiled the rest of the alphabet...


Only two for "Q"...





Only 2 for "U"...


...and "V"...



Nothing for "X" and 3 for "Y"...


And a paltry 1 for "Z" - the only "Z" I have are four discs by Joe Zawinul...


Made a good pile though...


Later, breakfast...






Anne's painting is progressing...


..but she found time to make scones too...


Salad and soup for lunch...


...and a "Father Brown"...

Later on, I chose more reasonably obscure albums to fill the gaps left by the lack of CDs for particular letters...






Scones were enjoyed...


As was the Coop this evening - I thought this was my random LP of the day...




...but, it turned out it was in the wrong order and the release prior to that was actually the one the random number generator chose - so I played that too...

Like all the Coop's album's, from "Billion Dollar Babies" in 1973 onwards, it was bought on its release...






I recall having been disappointed with it at the time but have grown to love it (of course)...

Finished the day by listening through to the choices thus far for the podcast - around 15 minutes of music from Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today...

More tomorrow...

Highlight of the Day : Scones...

No comments: