Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wrapped up...

Playlist
Wayne Shorter – Footprints : The Life and Music Of
Various- Trojan Dub Massive Chapter Two
Brian Eno – For All Mankind Soundtrack (CD-R)
The Killers – Day and Age
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Brian Eno & David Byrne – Everything That Happens...
Various Composers – Mannheim:The Golden Age

Up at 4:30 – couldn’t sleep due to the cold I have at present...

Seems I have this every year at Xmas...

Listened to the Wayne Shorter anthology I bought yesterday – superb music...

Glancing at the bookshelf, the book "Full Moon" caught my eye and I took it from its place and looked through these awe inspiring images taken during NASA’s moon landing missions of 1968-1972...



This in turn lead me to creep upstairs and get the DVD of Al Reinert’s 1989 documentary “For All Mankind” and I watched this (with the sound down) whilst continuing to enjoy the music of Mr Shorter...



The credits then led me to go to the PC and compile a mock up of the soundtrack featuring pieces taken from two Eno-centric albums, “Apollo – Atmospheres and Soundtracks” and “Music For Films III”...

By the time I’d finished this, Anne was emerging from the Land of Nod and we breakfasted before I started working again on the new CBQ tunes...

With her Exec Producer hat on, Anne told me to lose the high vocals on “My House Could Be Your Home” – which resulted in several hours mucking about with this track, ending with a very different version from the original...

I also worked again on “The Fire in the Clearing” – to little or no avail...

All too soon sister Pam and Mum arrived for an afternoon’s entertainment and a dinner prepared by Anne...

We watched Pam’s DVD of the Pixar film “Wall E” which was very good indeed – I enjoy these films and, in this case, particularly the lack of dialogue for much of the opening 40 minutes...



Shortly afterwards, dinner was served and we tucked into salmon en croute with roast potatoes, sprouts in a sesame seed dressing and garden peas, followed by a choice of chocolate or syrup sponge pudding with tasty custard...



After dinner, we played a couple of rounds of an interactive pub quiz DVD game in both of which Anne triumphed – no doubt partly due to mum having no idea how to work the DVD remote control despite precise instructions from Pam...

And then they were away, with Pam set to return to England on Tuesday evening...

Good to see her again...

By this time I was feeling lousy with the cold and fell asleep on the settee before waking up and crawling off to bed shortly afterwards...

Highlight of the Day : Space, Wall E and salmon...

No comments: