Thursday, December 18, 2008

The longest time...

Playlist
Various - 1972 Hit Singles
Various - Compilations Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Ryan Adams and the cardinals - Cold Roses
Esbjörn Svensson Trio - Leucocyte

Ooof - fiftieth birthday today of my schoolchum Rory MacRae - even although I seldom see him these days, I have known him since we were around 9 or 10 years old and so, other than my immediate family, he must be the person with whom I have had contact for the longest time in my life...

He'll probably never read this but a big Happy Birthday goes out to my old mucker and erstwhile "headers in the back garden" partner...

Up early after listening to hit singles from 1972 on the compilations jukebox...

Tried to burn a 1973 CD set but failed due to not being able to find the folder where I'd put all these tracks...

Switched to shuffleplay on the compilations jukebox and heard quite a few tracks I'd either not heard before or which I hadn't heard in a very long time...

Which is always nice...

This particular jukebox only holds "rock & pop" now, jazz and classical compilations having been transferred to the jazz and classical jukeboxes respectively...

Ah, the complicated world of MP3 listening...

To FOPP at lunchtime to spend the token from Chris re his mum's cassettes and I firstly chose a double disc from Ryan Adams, "Cold Roses"...

You may not believe this but I have never heard his music before today - I was inspired by mention of him whilst researching Justin Rutledge, the young Canadian singer we saw last week supporting Lucy Kaplansky...



Ryan's not as good as Justin but I'm liking what I'm hearing thus far...

Also purchased the last album by the Esbjörn Svensson Trio, released following the trio's leader's very untimely death back in June...



It is the sound of Modern Jazz and I like it a lot...

To round off the spree, I picked up the three volumes of Paul Williams' critique of Bob Dylan as Performing Artist for just £2 (instead of £10) each...



An excellent dinner tonight from the Exec Producer - simple but effective - Sea Bass with a twist of lime on a bed of colcannon mash with baby carrots on the side...

Later, as I was writing this, my system went haywire and I seemed to have lost my external hard-drive - which was very worrying indeed...

After a reboot and a careful check of all connections, back it all came...

Phew...

Continued to enjoy Mr Adams and the Swedish Trio whilst starting to compile my "liked" albums of 2008...

Then, relieved that the system was intact, I went downstairs to enjoy some TV, "Lead Balloon" and Girls Aloud on the "Christmas Project"...

Highlight of the Day : Shopping...

No comments: