Saturday, December 20, 2008

Calamityness...

Playlist
Lucy Kaplansky – Best of
Various – Mr Quartet’s Best of 2008
David Sylvian – Live in Japan 2004
Cloudland Blue Quartet - New Songs

I was up at 6:30 and worked on finalising the last Crispycat Newsletter of 2008 before heading to the podiatrist for 8:45...

Back home to breakfast and I had intended to go uptown at some point today but decided against...

Finished the missive and sent it out around midday then went to work on copying Alan’s David Sylvian DVD and the Eric Dolphy and Miles Davis boxes borrowed last week from the library for eventual listening...

Anne was off to Tynecastle for Hearts v Dundee Utd (a disappointing 0-0 draw) while Queens’ woes continued with yet another defeat – one point from their last seven games...

I took an age to overcome some problems with the studio set up as I went to work on the new Creek stuff...

I added a few guitar lines to one backing track and it quickly turned into a new CBQ song – “We Drove” – so I put that to one side and went to work on track two – adding guitar lines to this funky piece – only to find it turning into yet another new CBQ track “The Fire in the Clearing”...

I need to get my synths out of the loft to work on Creek properly...

In the evening we picked up sister Pam from the airport and took her to my mum’s where she’s staying over Xmas – and indeed will be preparing our Xmas dinner on Thursday...



Pam introduced yet another new word into the English language while talking about her recent mishaps including the tale of the accidental acquisition of a black eye and the tale of falling down a flight of stairs...

Calamityness...

Back home for some “Match of the Day” which found me snoring on the settee – and so to bed...

Highlight of the day : Musicking...

No comments: