Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slow but silky, kind of...

Playlist
Lucy Kaplansky – The Tide
Lucy Kaplansky – Flesh and Bone
Lucy Kaplansky – Ten Year Night
Lucy kaplansky – Every Single Day
Lucy Kaplansky – The Red Thread
Lucy Kaplansky – Over the Hills

A Lucy Kaplansky day today in view of her concert tomorrow night...



Lunch at the Indian, Zest, off St Andrew Square – very tasty...

Word from sister Pam that my mum is fine after her gall bladder op yesterday and will be discharged tomorrow night...

Returned to fives arriving a couple of minutes late and playing in the “darks” who, on measurements of both fitness and skill, were vastly outnumbered by the superior “lights”...

Darks went one up just as I entered play but we were quickly four down and the closest we got to the lights was two behind...

Your correspondent managed three goals and the most outrageous denial of a hand ball seen for a while – even the other darks were shouting “handball ref”...

As usual, I had a few sessions in goal and let in a couple of howlers – my reliance on the ball bouncing off me as I impersonate a cowering old lady didn’t seem to work tonight...

Great to be back though after ten weeks off and I’ve put my name down for next week even though now, three and a half hours after the game, I am having difficulty in climbing/descending the stairs or just walking in general...

TV highlights were the double bill of “Big Bang Theory” and an unbelievably bad documentary on Cheryl Cole of Girls Aloud...

Two more of Chris’s mum’s tapes committed to the hard drive – now some judicious editing and burning to CD beckons...

Highlight of the Day : Slotting a couple away...

No comments: