Sunday, December 14, 2008

10 minutes before the worm...

Playlist
Various – Jazz Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Justin Rutledge – Man Descending
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Ersatzreal Deluxe
Lucy Kaplansky – Best of
Happy Apple – Please Refrain From Fronting

Up early and worked on the proposed December Crispycat newsletter pre breakfast – deciding to restore my last album “Ersatzreal” to its intended double album twenty track status with original running order...

Which of course directly contradicts the opinion of the Exec Producer...

Checked up on performances in 2008 – a paltry four and, of those, only one was a full set...

By way of retribution, I proceeded to play through a few songs before we headed to my mum’s, where I had a shot of her Stena Stairlift and then fell asleep after our cold chicken roll and a snowball lunch....

Back into town and we stopped off at the Agenda Hotel in Corstorphine to present nephew Craig with a present in honour of his having gained a degree in journalism...

Then to Anne’s mum’s for the fortnightly family tea, where brother-in-law Bobby advised he now liked prog rock – although he wondered how I was able to listen to a song which was longer than 10 minutes...



Bob advised he’d also found Jesus – I think (hope) he was joking – they’d been to church to see their daughter Kitty in some kind of Xmas performance...

I entertained the kids with strange voices (you had to be there)...

Back home again and I finished the transfer of Chris’s mum and sister’s cassettes to CD before “Match of the Day 2” rounded off the weekend...

Happy Apple soundtracked my sojourn to the Land of Nod...

Highlight of the Day : Rebuilding my last album...

No comments: