Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Take that...

Playlist
Bob Dylan - Dylan
Lucy Kaplansky - Best of (2CD-R)
Frank Zappa - Shut Up'n'Play Yer Guitar
Robert Fripp - Frippertronics 1/1/80 (DGM Downloads)

Bob Dylan on the cans today - an artist I always hated - until I actually started to listen to his music...



Five lovely bottles of wine brought home but none drunk so far...

Out to fives at 7pm and the sides were much more even than last week...

Once again I was on The Dark Side, today with Nigel, Mick, Colin and Blair and we played well, riding our luck at times but came away winners by a margin of three goals (9-6 or 8-5 I think) with your correspondent firing in another hat-trick...

The first broke a long deadlock to put us 1-0 up, the second was rather controversial not in that it was a deftly met first timer but that it was a connection with a long kick out from our keeper, which some deemed to be in contravention of the "no high kick outs from the goalie" rule...

In the end it stood, as we argued that the kick from Mick the goalie wasn't from a "deadball" situation, rather it was a clearance in the normal run of play...

My third was well finished too but involved an element of luck as a high clearance from their team connected with one of the over hanging basketball baskets and flew into the air before dropping in front of me - I despatched it without allowing it to hit the ground...

In goal and in defence I took several "sore ones" and have possible bruises on my back, legs and other places...

Really enjoyed it tonight though...

Last game until 2009...

Back home and "Big Bang Theory" was its usual excellent self, another very funny double bill...

As Anne settled down to watch "Desperate Housewives" (which I've given up on now), I retired upstairs to wrap her Xmas presents...

While crawling around on my knees putting the tape deck back in its place post the transfer of Chris's cassettes, I spied a 3Cd set by Mr Frank Zappa under "Z" and so enjoyed some cracking fretwork from the too-soon-dead maestro as I struggled with paper, scissors and sellotape...



It continues as I write this...

Tasty...

Highlight of the Day : Definitely the fives...

No comments: