Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Covered...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Mary Chapin Carpenter – Between Here and Gone
Metallica – Death Magnetic
Mogwai – The Hawk Is Howling
Donovan – Fairytales and Colours
Various – The Tommy Boy Story Vol 1
Todd Rundgren – The Best of Todd Rundgren
Mathilde Santing - Discography

Home early again and spent much of the afternoon compiling my list of the best CDs I’ve acquired in 2008...

Listened also to the 2008 discs from Mogwai (they’re up there) and Metallica (erm, they’re not)...

Inspired by brother in law Keith’s recent conversion to the music of Todd Rundgren, I dug out my 2CD best of and gave it a spin – good – but I prefer his songs performed by the wonderful Dutch torch singer, Mathilde Santing...



Of course mentioning Mathilde sent me off to Youtube to watch some performances...

I discovered her first album (a 10” LP) on the same Amsterdam trip as the Man Parish album I mentioned yesterday – and have been collecting her recordings ever since...

Other than that a fairly low-key day as we head to the end of what has, on the whole, been an enjoyable year, during which my life hasn’t changed that much at all (indeed my life seems to have been on a fairly predictable even keel since I started this diary nearly four years ago)...

However, 2009 could well prove to be a traumatic year...

We’ll see...

Highlight of the Day : Busy doing nothing much...

2 comments:

Norman Lamont said...

Happy New Year to you and Executive Producer!


Norman

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers Norm!