Monday, December 01, 2008

The golden walnut...

Playlist
Various – 185 Classic Albums on Shuffleplay
David Reilly – Anthology 1977-2007 Vol 10 (2005-07)
King Crimson – 1973-1974 Improvs

Ah December again and nearly Christmas...

Anne was shopping today with a list of things I might like – you know, Girls Aloud DVDs, Haydn Piano Sonatas Box Sets, the new Killers album – that sort of thing...

In the evening, while Anne was out keep-fitting with bestest chum Lynn, I took the opportunity to full blast the tenth volume of my anthology in the living room...

Hmm, quite a few slow and down numbers on there from “Deeperdown”...

Anne returned as “University Challenge” was commencing, starring a young lady who was more smug than the smuggest inhabitant of the village Smug in Smugland captaining a team from Cambridge (or rather one of the colleges of Cambridge – why don’t Oxford and Cambridge just get one team each like everyone else?) against a piss-poor Edinburgh team...

What a thrashing...

As Anne watched tonight’s Corrie on tape, I listened to some King Crimson whilst still leafing through Sid Smith’s biography of the group...



I decided to redo my 2CD set of 1972-1974 improvs, editing each track so that they meld into each other rather than the jarring effect of just placing the tracks alongside one another – and taking out all applause too...

By the time I’d finished that it was time for bed...

And there was me on Saturday worried about wasting my time...

Highlight of the Day : Getting caught up on the mighty Crim...

No comments: