Monday, December 15, 2008

Top rocking...

Playlist
Happy Apple – Body Popping Moon Walking Top Rocking
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Ersatzreal Deluxe
Emerson Lake and Palmer – From the Beginning
Various - Impossible Songs' Best of 2008

Started the day accompanied as yesterday ended – by the sounds of the excellent Happy Apple’s “Body Popping Moon Walking Top Rocking” which was my album of the month back in August 2007...



Worked on the overdue transfer of the ELP box set to the compilations jukebox but didn’t get it finished before I had to leave so, instead, I listened to the new “old” version of “Ersatzreal” on my way into town...

Much better methinks...

In the evening, Anne was at keep fit and I continued with the ELP transfer whilst trying to decide on my best music of 2008, before a tasty tea of salmon and mash with cabbage and some sprouts with a sprinkle of lime juice...

Of course I was inspired to compile a best of 2008 by the arrival of a Xmas card from Impossible Songs containing a CD of music which they have liked this last 12 months (including I think a couple of their own offerings in disguise) which made its way immediately to the compilations jukebox...

Lovely coffee accompanied “Coronation Street” before I retired once more to listen to a “major works” best of early ELP comprising “Take a Pebble”, “Tarkus”, “The Endless Enigma”, “Karn Evil 9” and Emerson’s “Piano Concerto” whilst updating this for the weekend’s entries...

These new re-mastered versions of the classic ELP oeuvre I am liking big time...

Watched the highlights of Celtic v Hearts from Saturday before Impossible Songs' compilation filled my lugs as I drifted off into the night...

Highlight of the Day : Classic Prog...

No comments: