Friday, December 19, 2008

Gotta get me some action...

Playlist
Various – Rock & Pop Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Various – Mr Quartet’s Best of 2008
Various – Impossible Songs’ Best of 2008
David Sylvian – Live in Japan 2004
MC5 – Back in the USA
The Monkees – Works

Out at lunchtime today with chums Kenny, Carol and Wendy and I had a bit too much wine than I ought to have had and I’d forgotten I was supposed to go and pick up Alan & Penny to bring them round to ours tonight...

Luckily, Anne, who’d spent all day cooking and cleaning, also now took over the one task I was supposed to carry out...

I compiled a two disc set of the best of 2008 to soundtrack the evening along with the disc recently received from Impossible Songs...

The evening went well, starting off with champagne and then moving on to wine, gin and beer etc etc – while Anne’s excellent fayre was enjoyed by all – her lovely home made lasagne...

Much setting of the world to rights was done along with watching a dodgy Krautrock DVD Alan had brought round...

here's Alan and Penny portrayed in cartoon form - for no particular reason other than I was able to...



We continued with David Sylvian, on audio only, followed by the MC5 and we found a new catch phrase “gotta get goin’, gotta get me some action”...

Around one, Alan’s cold was getting the better of him and so off they went in a taxi...

A good night...

Highlight of the Day : A visit from the count and countess of Brodski...

No comments: