Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Chairman of the bored...

Playlist
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
UK - UK
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans
Fripp & Eno - No Pussyfooting
King Crimson - Red
David Bowie - Low
Rheostatics - Whale Music
The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Brian Eno - Another Green World
Various – Another 58 good albums
Creek – Somewhere between
Simple Minds – New Gold Dream
Marillion – Seasons End
Marillion – Holidays in Eden
Marillion – Brave

Got the Creek CDs off to my fellow Creekers and listened to our last album from just over four years ago...

It’s still ok and indeed has its moments...

Meanwhile, over on Sid Smith’s Blog, there’s an entry entitled “If You Had To Start From Scratch What Would Be The First 10 Albums You'd Buy Again?

OK if I had to start from scratch what would be the first ten albums I'd buy again?

So Crispycat Towers has burned down, all my CDs have melted and the insurance money's not come through yet...

The searing heat has destroyed all my hard drives but I still have my CD walkman and a pair of earbuds and I'm able to get £150 out of the cash machine - which I should really be spending on food and essentials but, instead, I head to the local music emporium and buy...



Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
UK - UK
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans
Fripp & Eno - No Pussyfooting
King Crimson - Red
Rheostatics - Whale Music
The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Brian Eno - Another Green World
David Bowie - Low

...but there's a big sale on and I still have some cash left, so I grab...

Roxy Music - Roxy Music
The Blue Nile - Hats

...then my lovely (but badly-singed-hair-sporting) Exec Producer finds me and forces me to put a couple back and we head for the supermarket - where none of the CDs is to my liking...

...except maybe Girls Aloud...

A strange coincidence that this should appear now...

I seem to have lost my appetite for buying CDs all of a sudden...

I struggled to fill my “Top Ten Albums of the Month” in November and, so far this month, okay it’s only three days, I’m disinclined to purchase or download or burn any new stuff...

Today I was in HMV and wandered round with MGMT in my hand and pondered over Sparks’ 2nd album (the only one I don’t have) or the new Coldplay EP, or the Craig Armstrong classical album Anne might have got me for Xmas but couldn’t find cos the guy in the shop was looking under “jazz”...

Weird...

A call out of the blue from James Jamieson trying to entice me along to Secret CD failed too – it seems I’d rather stay in and watch an hour of “Coronation St” and an hour of “The Big Bang Theory” then rip some Simple Minds and Marillion to the hard drive for uploading to the Jukebox than watch my peers performing in a small full room...

Prior to that I could have got completely rat arsed at a free bar scenario in Lulu below the bar from which I am barred for life – but headed home after just three drinks...

Changed days...

It seems a crime to say so when I lead such a privileged life in comparison to so many others’ lives but perhaps I’m just bored with everything?

Maybe not...

Probably not...

Can’t be, surely?

Highlight of the Day : The Big Bang Theory....

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

Hey Mr.CBQ - please don't give up on buying all those CDs and listing them. You're my vicarious thrill as I'm pressed up against the sweetshop window! You buy all the CDs I wish I could! Don't stop now!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Probably just a passing phase of "what's it all about in the big scheme of things" nonsense as I hurtle towards the big E.

no doubt I wil soon be back on track...

Thanks for the words of encouragement though...