Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hawaii five oh...

Playlist
Various – Rock & Pop Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Various – Keith Apter’s 51 Albums
Emerson, Lake and Palmer – From the Beginning

The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone

As last Saturday (and despite a slight headache cured by more painkillers), I created a further MP3 of this morning’s random shuffleplay playlist...

Haven’t got round to posting it up yet though...

Sent a link to the current Gerhard Richter Exhibition in Edinburgh to fellow blogger and King Crimson expert Mr Sid Smith – along with an MP3 of my track “Richter” named after the German artist...

Then, off uptown, ostensibly for Xmas shopping but I found myself at the music Library where I borrowed DVDs of Bryan Ferry performing his “Dylanesque” album live in the studio along with a film on Glenn Gould, “Hereafter”...

Box sets by Miles Davis, “The Complete On The Corner Sessions” and Eric Dolphy, the nine disc “Complete Prestige Recordings” were also hired for a couple of weeks...

Then on to some shopping for presents for Anne...

After procuring some sandwiches I made my way home to find Anne getting psyched up for Celtic v Hearts...

The Tattie Pickers of Boghead equalised late doors to pull off a draw and Hearts remain unbeaten for six games now...

Unlike the not so mighty Queen of the South who went down at home to Dr Prog’s beloved Dunfermline Athletic by two goals to one, their second coming in the last minute, after the subsequent scorer had flattened our keeper and tapped into the net – keeper stretchered off, and another three points lost...

Just one point from the last eighteen...

Aaaargh!

Anne had her Xmas party uptown tonight and I burned a one song per year 3CD set to go along with Mr Apter’s MP3 DVD for his birthday bash tonight...



It continued to pour with rain as it had done all day and I was on possible bringing Anne home from town duty – so I drove to Keith’s to find good old muso chums George and Paul already in attendance...

We hogged the kitchen most of the night and were entertained by some very spectacular surprise fireworks in the next door neighbours’ garden...



We were joined by “The Hawk” who used to look like I used to look...

In fact Paul and George told me that, before they even met me, they’d seen me on the bus to genesis at Knebworth in 1978 and said to each other “that guy looks like the hawk’s double”...

Not any more though...


l-r George, Paul, The Hawk

At midnight, Keith’s huge cake was presented...


Then George and I made our way to the living room and cut a rug to "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" by The Temptations...



At 1:30 pm I left Keith's wife, Angie and the boys dancing round the living room to the sounds of Motown...



...and made my way home having spent a very enjoyable few hours reminiscing about “the old days”...

Top stuff...

Highlight of the Day : Meeting up again with Keith, Paul and George (and the Hawk)...

No comments: