Friday, June 27, 2008

Give it a try...

Playlist
The Bad Plus - Full Discography on Shuffleplay
The Bad Plus - Blunt Object Live in Tokyo
New York Dolls - Rock’n’Roll
Scott Walker - Boy Child 67-70
Scott Walker - Sings Jacques Brel
Scott Walker - Tilt
Free - At Last
Free - Free
Ron Sexsmith - Cobblestone Runway
The Clash - The Clash
Nico - The End
War Tapes - Dreaming of You (Download)

Well now, how could I have forgotten that, yesterday at lunchtime I had a FOPP frenzy and bought all of the albums above (with the exception of the Bad Plus stuff and the War Tapes)...

Just £3 each...

The Scott Walker was inspired by the recent Jacques Brel disc - I've never liked Scott Walker but, as you can see, I'm willing to give him a try...

I must say it's a lot better than I expected...

So these all made their way home today while Anne was out with best chum Lynn fruit-picking and we enjoyed the tastiest strawberries ever tonight with some Paris reminding Chantilly cream as a wee treat, following on from Anne's warmed fillet steak and zingy salad - what a girl!!



Following a tip from new link, record label intern Katy Harrison, I downloaded a track by the band War Tapes and was most impressed with their anthemic pop styles - check it out here...

In the evening, I wrote up the last two entries for the Paris trip whilst listening to my new purchases and we enjoyed a re-run of an old "Law and Order" before retiring...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's culinary delight's

No comments: