Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lost and found...

Playlist
Phish – The Story of the Ghost
Uriah Heep – Wake the Sleeper
The Violet Archers – Sunshine at Night

Today I was all set to apply for my new passport...

The Executive Producer had completed all the paperwork, leaving me to add just my signature and make a visit to the Post Office to finalise matters...

Of course when I arrived uptown, I found my passport and my two new shiny photos of Mr CBQ had gone missing...

I received a message that “an old lady” had called for me and could I call back – it was urgent...

It was Anne’s mum – the Police had called her to say my Passport had been handed in by some anonymous good Samaritan...

Then, of course, my own mum phoned me, as the Police had also called her...

And so, tonight, I went along and picked it up – the two photos were in it as well – this important document and the pics must have fallen out of the envelope as I strolled down to the bus completely oblivious due to Jukebox listening...

Uploaded the last of the Paris photos, with commentary to follow, then off out to play football – the quality tonight was pretty poor to be honest and your correspondent did nothing to counter that, although I did manage one goal at the very end of the game to ensure the “lights” only lost 7-6...

Back home and Anne announced the successful production of our first courgette from her garden and we enjoyed it (along with some other tasty delights) for dinner...



On TV Germany v Turkey, with the Germans scraping through 3-2 with a delightfully executed last minute winner from full-back Lahm...

It was hilarious to watch the gnashing of teeth and pouring of scorn upon the Germans by the Anglo-centric BBC commentary and post match reporting teams...

Not only are England not there, but Germany are in the final yet again – the words “cannae take it” spring to mind...

Of course, Turkey were the better side but hey, that’s football...

Ended the night listening to some good new music from the Violet Archers whilst reading a very interesting essay by Eric Hobsbawm on European History and the significance and indeed very definition of “Europe” and how that has changed over the centuries...

Highlight of the Day : Germany through; Passport found

No comments: