Saturday, June 28, 2008

Possible...

Playlist
Sombre Reptiles – Crispycat Downloads
The Violet Archers – Sunshine at night
Françoise Hardy – All Over the World
Impossible Songs – Best of (Project)
Various – Holiday Hits Vol 3

Up at 7 and to the PC to write this up and to check some of the tracks I uploaded recently to the Crispycat Library – some pretty old songs there, some I’ve not listened to in a very long time...

Breakfast around 10 at home, cereal, fruit juice and coffee, then out for some clothes purchase for a trip later this year...

Back home and picked up the guitar and played a few songs without the aid of any props:-

Twenty Twenty Vision (Ampersand)
The End of Everything (Ersatzreal)
I Rearranged the House (Anotherhappyday)
Very Small (Deeperdown)
The Crocodile Song (Deeperdown)
The Angels’ Kiss (Ersatzreal)

...and did some more work on the new song, “Blend”...

Because the studio’s dismantled and in the loft, I have no way of recording my musings and so, each time I go back to the song it’s different – it’s kind of coming together now though...

Who’s this in the laundry basket?



Post lunch – lovely salad with another home-grown courgette – it was time to wash the dishes and I was accompanied by the sounds of Mr Scott Walker – whom I am warming to by the minute I must say – and the sleeve notes from The Divine Comedy’s Neil Hannon are enlightening too...

Tonight we were off to Impossible Songs for a bit of a party down in South Queensferry and, last time we saw John and Ali, I’d advised I’d work on a “best of“ compilation based on the six albums I have of their music – so I spent a couple of hours getting reacquainted with their material – there’s some excellent stuff spread throughout these discs...

We drove down to Queensferry around six to find the party in full swing with John on BBQ duty...

I had the honour of lighting the bonfire around ten and, once the fire got going a few of us “entertained” the attendees with some impromptu guitaring and singing as flakes of hot ash landed on us...



A good time was had by all and Anne and I headed home around 11:30 and ended up staying up till 00:45 watching the first of the two parter season finale of Dr Who – the Daleks are back yet again but much better than last season’s damp squib Dalek story...

And has the doc really regenerated and the BBC has managed to keep David Tennant’s leaving under wraps?

We’ll see next week...

Highlight of the Day : Party at SQF

No comments: