Monday, June 09, 2008

OK LP...

Playlist
Various - Rock & Pop Jukebox Shuffleplay
Def Leppard - Yeah!

To FOPP at lunchtime and, for £3, a new band entered the Crispycat Towers library - Def Leppard, via their 2006 covers album "Yeah!"...



In the evening, I was in the mood to go to the gym but was thwarted (it says here) by Anne going to her keep fit and leaving me transportless...

So I watched football (Holland v Italy and France v Rumania) and listened to Def Leppard instead...

Part of me likes it - since the 14 tracks are almost without exception some of my favourite tracks from my favourite bands from the early 70's...

But part of me thinks "why did they even bother?" as their cover versions are just that - covers, not interpretations - they have recreated each song in a manner which pays slavish adherance to the original and, frankly, added nothing...

An ok LP...

Later on, "Coronation St" on tape and "Numb3rs" live entertain before bedtime...

Highlight of the Day : Not being able to go to the gym

No comments: