Friday, September 07, 2007

Road trip...

Playlist
David Reilly –Anthology 1977-2007 Volumes 1-10
Rush – 18 Track Anthology (CD-R)
Various – Now That’s What I Call a Good Album : October 2005
Rush – Snakes and Arrows
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Ersatzreal
Andrew Hill – Dance With Death
Philip Glass – Symphonies 2 & 3

A road trip today as we toured around the Kingdom of Fife in the Cloudland Blue Seat Ibiza 1.6 TDI...


First stop was the little town of Ely...


..where we enjoyed some of this...


Then on around the coast on a scorcher of a day to the town of Anstruther...

We walked around enjoying the sea air and the harbour views....


...then we had some of these from what was “The Best Fish & Chip Shop in Scotland 2006/07” apparently...


Then, on to St Andrews where, again we just ambled around taking in the town, including a garden centre where we bought a rose around 10 years ago which is now around 6 feet tall, a wedding with many kilted young men and a record shop where I almost bought a Philip Glass CD which I discovered on returning home, I already have...


Several times on the drive home, I found myself falling asleep and was glad to get back to Crispycat Towers...

Did some work on the anthology in the evening, writing up sleeve notes and also designed the cover for “Ersatzreal” – both out soon I hope....

My right arm is now getting too sore to type or play guitar or drive and I’ve dropped out of the football again due to the constant pain – hope the date for the op comes soon...

Later on an Indian to end the week followed by the brilliant “IT Crowd”...

Stayed up till 1:30 finishing off notes for volume 1 of the anthology...

Highlight of the Day : Road Trip

No comments: