Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gimme the night - la la la...

Playlist
Creek – Fluorescent Blue
Creek – 1.0.0 (Disc 3 of 4)
Uriah Heep – Sonic Origami
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Erstazreal
Glenn Gould – At the Cinema
George Benson – The George Benson Collection
Simple Minds – Neon Lights
Secret Machines – Ten Silver Drops
Goodbye Mr Mackenzie – The Day of Storms
Les Rita Mitsouko – En Concert avec l’Orchestre l’amoureux
David Ackles – American Gothic
Gary Jules – Trading Snakeoil for Wolftickets
Various – Super 70s Reggae

Up unfeasibly early today – 4:35...

So, on the brink of releasing the new Cloudland Blue Quartet album, “Ersatzreal”, I pulled together all the information etc to pass on to webmesiter Craig to update the Crispycat site. Also sent him everything re the Creek anthology “1.0.0”...

Updated the parts of the Crispycat site I can do myself...

The intention was to release the discs into the void on Monday - however, having received no word from Craig, I’ve postponed this till 8 October....

Spurred on by an e-mail from their fansite, I listened to Uriah Heep’s last studio album (which is now almost 10 years old) whilst doing the dishes pre breakfast – they’ve recorded a new disc but record company problems have postponed release till next year...

The postie brought a disc purchased from e-bay on 7 August – ok it was coming from Switzerland but almost 2 months delivery time’s a bit steep – that’s one seller I won’t be purchasing from again...

The content of the jiffy bag, a Glenn Gould disc, rocks ...

Post breakfast, mum arrived around 11 for our trip to Paisley to see her old friend Pat – they were young mothers together in the late 50’s/early 60’s...

On the way through, we listened to the CBQ album – and on listening to it in tha company of others, I realised it’s just too long...

I will consult with my executive producer tomorrow re this - just as well the relaese is postponed...

A lovely lunch at Pat’s and we set off into Glasgow...

As is my pathetic way, I visited merely three shops...

HMV, Virgin and FOPP....

Nothing at HMV – in Virgin I found last year’s Secret Machines release for a fiver...

On to FOPP where I went a bit mad (but still only spent around £20) buying 7 albums (including one 2CD and one 3CD set), a DVD (Pink Floyd at Pompeii – Director’s Cut) and a book, The Algebraist by Iain M. Banks..


Here's the picture used on its cover - it's Io orbiting Jupiter on 1 January 2001...




The smooth sound of George Benson (I couldn’t get “Give Me the Night” out of my head) soundtracked our drive over to Byre’s Rd and Ashton Lane where we enjoyed a refreshing drink at the Brel Bar...





....before returning to Pat’s around 6:30 for a cup of tea, a wee sandwich and a chat with the two ladies before heading back to Edinburgh accompanied by the sounds of Mr Gould....

After not falling asleep on the motorway, I bade farewell to mum and spent waht was left of the day listening to my purchases on the headphones while Anne watched Match of the Day (including Portsmouth's 7-4 win over Reading)...

I’d forgotten just how great Goodbye Mr Mackenzie were – brought back memories of when the band I was in at the time (Call Me Clive – don’t ask!) supported them on their Scottish Tour just as they made their limited impression on the charts back in 1988/9...

The prescribed super strength painkillers I’m now taking along with my stupidly early start to the day soon saw to it that I was snoring on the settee before midnight...

Highlight of the Day : A trip to Glasgow

No comments: